Today's game against Orlando City could be decisive for the future of New York City and its coach. The start of the season of the Blues is like a horror film and in the last period, NYCFC has collected a pittance of points.
In this series of away games, New York City FC has shown all its limits. The record is nothing short of negative, with Cushing's team not winning a point away from New York.
Surely the upheavals of the roster in the offseason have brought about so many changes within the team that it needs more time to find the right alchemy. Cushing has been working on this aspect from the beginning, but now the negative results are starting to be too many.
For this reason, Nick Cushing's future is at stake in the match against Orlando. A positive result could give him one more chance. On the contrary, however, in the event of a defeat then the club could get an exemption for him.
Nothing is certain yet, but New York City FC needs to shake up and shift gears to get back to being competitive. The change of coach is a strong hypothesis that is circulating in these hours.
Autore: nycfc soccernews
Other news - The Opinion
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville
- 15:00 NYCFC must rebuild its fortress
- 13:30 NYCFC wants to get back to winning for their fans
- 12:00 NYCFC, Cushing: “We will definitely be rotating 100% in the coming weeks"
- 07:12 NYCFC, Cushing: "Ledezma is ok, Thiago Martins will not be available"
- 20:51 NYCFC, morale is down but not all is lost
- 19:59 New York City FC is called to the reaction
- 09:05 NYCFC, Nick Cushing could be sacked
- 23:22 New York City FC, the attack doesn't work, a no 9 is missing
- 22:30 Finally NYCFC returns home, an opportunity to return to winning
- 17:43 NYCFC on the mend but confirmation now needed
- 13:14 Gabe Segal is incredulous: "I still don't believe it"
- 19:14 NYCFC, worry about the physical and mental condition of the team
- 16:13 New York City FC, Nick Cushing is gambling his future
- 23:35 Santiago Rodriguez: "We need to start winning away"
- 00:19 NYCFC, Cushing. "Good mood but there is disappointment"
- 02:30 NYCFC, Luis Barraza proves to be an important part of the club
- 01:30 NYCFC, Sean Johnson's leadership in the team is missing
- 00:30 NYCFC, James Sands returns to talk about the defeat against Toronto FC
- 16:00 Cushing: "We have to solve the problem away from home"
- 14:00 NYCFC, the travel pain continues
- 12:00 Nick Cushing admits: "We didn't start the game well enough"
- 10:31 NYCFC defeated in Toronto: CJ Sapong's goal was decisive 1-0
- 21:46 Thiago Martins: "I feel the responsibility, I'm here to help everyone"
- 19:24 Cushing: "Barraza has become a leader of the squad"
- 19:21 Thiago Martins: "We have establish ourselves away from home"
- 02:00 Two NYCFC players in the MLS Team of the Matchday
- 01:00 Ledezma: "I fell good. I love New York, I feel at home here"
- 23:00 NYCFC, Cushing on James Sands: "He's available to play"
- 22:17 NYCFC, Nick Cushing: "We love our fans, they are the best in MLS"
- 23:18 Richy Ledezma shines in his first game as a starter
- 22:21 David Villa's emotion recalling his time at NYCFC with Andrea Pirlo
- 21:49 New York City FC wins thanks also to the surprise Luis Barraza
- 15:07 NYCFC, Cushing praises Sands: "His performance was flawless"
- 13:41 Cushing: "We are young but we have shown that we know how to suffer"
- 12:18 NYCFC 2-1 Nashville SC: the Blues get back to winning ways