New York City FC is eliminated in the worst way from the MLS Playoffs. Against Orlando City the Blues dominated, created opportunities but showed a lack of personality, as well as clarity, especially in attack. New York City FC had the best chances throughout the game. After the goal conceded by Nani, the Blues reacted and immediately found a draw. From that moment on, New York has continued to play and create chances, but never managed to score. New York City FC failed right in the goal zone. In attack, the final touch was missing, the winning shot that has happened to the Blues on so many occasions.
Towards the end of the game, the episode arrived that could pave the way for New York. The expulsion of Ruan could give a clear advantage to Deila's team which instead, from that moment on, had enormous difficulties. After the red card shown to Ruan, Orlando City had the best chances. New York City FC failed to take advantage of the extra man on the pitch. On the contrary, Deila's team suffered and in the final even risked taking the elimination goal, without even playing extra time and penalties.
New York City FC has been shown to lack personality and episode management within a match. A gap that New York paid dearly for and was then eliminated on penalties. It is no coincidence that in the post game many speak of defeat, of the worst elimination in the history of New York City FC. For how it came, the defeat against Orlando is certainly the lowest moment for the Blues.
It is bad to lose like this, after having dominated, having had opportunities to score, having played with the extra man and not having used all this to pass the round. In the end it is Orlando who rejoices, with New York City FC having to reflect on the mistakes made and Deila who will surely have to grow mentally a team that has shown many difficulties on a psychological level.
Altre notizie - The Opinion
- 23:33 New York City FC selected Di Rosa and Latinovich
- 16:00 Former NYCFC Mix Diskerud joins the Denizlispor
- 15:00 New York City FC, Franco Cervi refuses transfer to the Blues
- 14:18 Injury to Sean Johnson forced to leave the USMNT training camp
- 23:14 New York City FC dismantled: it will be a tough season
- 22:57 City Football Group adds Bolivia's Club Bolivar as partner club
- 21:54 After Gomez even Ribery has been linked to NYCFC
- 16:31 NYCFC's Joe Scally makes move to Borussia Monchengladbach
- 22:02 Messi to MLS: bought a family apartment in Miami
- 20:00 Almeyda: "MLS wolud be the right league for Messi"
- 19:00 Papu Gomez linked to New York City FC
- 18:25 NYCFC, 2020 is a year of bitterness for fans
- 18:30 New York City FC, team weakened on the pitch and in the locker room
- 18:00 NYCFC's Alexandru Mitrita scores again in loan stint with Saudi Arabia's Al-Ahli
- 17:01 Austin FC sign former NYCFC goalkeeper Brad Stuver
- 22:48 Messi: "I always had the illusion of living in the US"
- 15:00 David Beckham tries to convince Messi to play for Inter Miami
- 14:00 New York City FC option for the future of Leo Messi
- 23:30 Keaton Parks Named NYCFC’s Young Player of the Year for 2020
- 23:00 Sean Johnson Named NYCFC’s Defensive Player of the Year for 2020
- 23:42 Austin FC, Reyna: "Ring will be a great addition to our club"
- 23:32 New York City FC, the Ring trade is a non sense choice
- 21:15 Sean Johnson out for Concacaf Champions League match against Tigres
- 21:07 Tigres UANL vs. NYCFC - Taty Castellanos Preview
- 21:05 Tigres UANL vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 22:13 Orlando City Goalkeeper Mason Stajduhar Loaned to NYCFC
- 22:12 New York City FC Announces Travel Plans for the Resumption of 2020 Concacaf Champions League
- 23:00 Stuver's emotional message after leaving NYCFC
- 22:39 NYCFC, Surgery for Alex Ring
- 17:36 NYCFC, exercise options for 5 players. Brad Stuver leaves NY
- 22:15 Sean Johnson: "Thanks to all the supporters who stuck with us through this challenging year"
- 21:51 New York City FC, Tinnerholm expressed his feelings
- 23:47 New York City FC, need to grow mentally and be more concrete
- 23:38 NYCFC, former intern describes sexual harassment allegations against David Villa
- 18:00 Tinnerholm: "It is brutal to lose this way"
- 17:00 Parks: "We deserved the victory"
- 16:00 Ronny Deila: "I'm devasteted"
- 15:30 New York City FC defeated: team without personality
- 15:00 NEW POLL - Orlando City 6 - 5 New York City FC: is it the worst defeat in the history of the Blues?
- 14:00 Orlando City (6) 1-1 (5) NYCFC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 00:01 What happened in the Orlando City vs. NYCFC penalty shootout? Here are the official explanations from PRO