New York City FC is eliminated in the worst way from the MLS Playoffs. Against Orlando City the Blues dominated, created opportunities but showed a lack of personality, as well as clarity, especially in attack. New York City FC had the best chances throughout the game. After the goal conceded by Nani, the Blues reacted and immediately found a draw. From that moment on, New York has continued to play and create chances, but never managed to score. New York City FC failed right in the goal zone. In attack, the final touch was missing, the winning shot that has happened to the Blues on so many occasions.
Towards the end of the game, the episode arrived that could pave the way for New York. The expulsion of Ruan could give a clear advantage to Deila's team which instead, from that moment on, had enormous difficulties. After the red card shown to Ruan, Orlando City had the best chances. New York City FC failed to take advantage of the extra man on the pitch. On the contrary, Deila's team suffered and in the final even risked taking the elimination goal, without even playing extra time and penalties.
New York City FC has been shown to lack personality and episode management within a match. A gap that New York paid dearly for and was then eliminated on penalties. It is no coincidence that in the post game many speak of defeat, of the worst elimination in the history of New York City FC. For how it came, the defeat against Orlando is certainly the lowest moment for the Blues.
It is bad to lose like this, after having dominated, having had opportunities to score, having played with the extra man and not having used all this to pass the round. In the end it is Orlando who rejoices, with New York City FC having to reflect on the mistakes made and Deila who will surely have to grow mentally a team that has shown many difficulties on a psychological level.
Other news - The Opinion
- 22:30 NYCFC, Deila: "Cincinnati is a good soccer team"
- 21:53 NYCFC, Deila: "I don't want to see the team I saw last Saturday "
- 21:49 NYCFC Injury Report: Four absent for the home opener
- 19:51 NYCFC, Deila: "We are much stronger now than last year"
- 17:33 NYCFC injury report: six are the unavailable of Ronny Deila
- 20:00 NYCFC, Deila on Thiago Andrade: "He's a young talented"
- 19:00 NYCFC, Thiago Andrade: "I feel so happy to sign with a big club"
- 17:51 OFFICIAL - New York City FC signed Thiago Andrade
- 23:00 NYCFC, Deila: "Morales will help us improve"
- 22:00 Morales: "I'm really excited to play for New York City FC"
- 21:42 OFFICIAL - New York City FC signed Alfredo Morales
- 22:30 NYCFC in talks to sign Fortuna Dusseldorf midfielder Alfredo Morales
- 21:37 New York City FC, Thiago is coming from Bahia
- 14:00 NYCFC, Sergio Aguero is free: a difficult but not impossible business
- 18:06 New York City FC’s preseason friendly with Nashville SC has been cancelled
- 16:00 NYCFC, Tajouri-Shradi: "We are strong, we are training hard "
- 15:00 NYCFC, Tajouri-Shradi: "This season will be much better than last season"
- 14:00 Ian Paul Joy of YESNetwork assures: "It will be a positive season for NYCFC"
- 21:56 NYCFC announced the full MLS 2021 schedule
- 00:05 NYCFC, the dangers of playing the MLS and the Leagues Cup
- 23:20 Deila: "We can't wait to face the challenge in this year's League Cup"
- 22:48 New York City FC will participate in the 2021 Leagues Cup
- 23:00 Lee: "Gloster is young but he has already great experience"
- 22:15 Gloster: "It's a great honor to be part of NYCFC"
- 21:51 OFFICIAL - NYCFC sign US youth international Chris Gloster from PSV
- 22:28 NYCFC, Deila on transfer market: "We look at different players"
- 18:26 NYCFC, Ronny Deila admits: "We need more quality players"
- 01:00 NYCFC, Ronny Deila: "We know how we can improve from the last season"
- 00:05 NYCFC, Brad Sims: "We are optimistic that we'll be able to welcome ourfans back to Yankee Stadium on April 24th"
- 23:10 MLS - CF Montréal named Wilfried Nancy head coach
- 22:00 NYCFC, David Lee: "We are delighted to welcome Gedion back for another season"
- 21:23 New York City FC announced the Club’s preseason roster for the 2021 season
- 21:15 NYCFC, Juan Pablo Torres Loaned Out
- 21:13 NYCFC, Gedion Zelalem re-signed a new contract
- 02:30 Ronny Deila: "Cody Mizell the right guy for us"
- 01:30 Cody Mizell: "Thanks to New York City FC for believing in me"
- 00:30 NYCFC, Ronny Deila: "Sands has a bright future"
- 23:30 NYCFC, David Lee: "Sands has become an integral part of our team"
- 22:53 New York City FC signs goalkeeper Cody Mizell
- 22:45 NYCFC, Sands: "This is a time of celebration"
- 22:43 New York City FC, James Sands Signs Contract Extension
- 00:06 NYCFC, James Sands' thoughts on the new 'Bronx Blue' jersey
- 00:04 New York City FC has revealed the 2021 'Bronx Blue' primary kit