The dream of New York City FC has died out against Portland Timbers. The Blues lost in a game played well in the first half and bad in the second half.
Still, just New York had managed to find the goal of the advantage with Medina on a penalty kick. An advantage, however, that Deila's team failed to manage. New York, with the passing of the minutes, has given up a little favoring the reaction of the Timbers which was very concrete. The opportunities created by the Timbers have all materialized, thanks also to the little rocky defense of New York that has left a lot of space to the opponents.
In fact, what worries most is the involution of the team between the first and second half, and the many mistakes made by the defense that favored the Timbers pushing them to victory. Each goal is marked by defensive errors, an aspect that affects the whole team not only the specific department.
Ronny Deila will have a lot to work on these aspects. New York has also made a lot of effort to realize the opportunities and create a game. Maxi Moralez's initial absence made itself felt, but the Blues cannot depend on a single player.
Deila has several problems to solve in order to relieve New York City FC after being eliminated from the tournament.
Other news - The Opinion
- 16:52 Three Keys of NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls
- 16:23 NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls, Cushing: "Incredible atmosphere at Yankee Stadium"
- 01:20 The Knicks can sacrifice Immanuel Quickley for a star
- 00:01 Maxi Moralez: "I can't wait to be reunited with the fans"
- 23:00 Maxi Moralez back to NYCFC: "I couldn’t be more excited"
- 22:03 David Lee: "Maxi will bring leadership and experience to our group"
- 22:00 OFFICIAL - Maxi Moralez Returns to New York City Football Club
- 13:00 David Lee: "We're excited to integrate Fernandez into the team"
- 07:20 NYCFC Signs Argentinian Forward Julián Fernández
- 15:30 Bernardeschi can leave Toronto: there is interest from an Italian club
- 14:30 Los Angeles Galaxy crazy offer to Hriving Lozano
- 13:42 CR7: "Saudi Pro League is much better than the MLS"
- 18:44 NYCFC, failing season. The trend needs to be reversed
- 17:27 Birk Risa: "I'm happy to be here, I can't wait to get started"
- 15:39 OFFICIAL - NYCFC Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa
- 13:44 Taty Castellanos moves to Lazio
- 13:40 Inter Miami, Alba también se sumará al proyecto
- 23:36 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami, Gerardo Martino named new coach
- 22:58 Timothy Weah has landed in Turin, he will be a Juventus player
- 22:56 OFFICIAL - Kai Havertz is a new Arsenal player
- 15:30 Bayern Munich on Kane, there is an agreement on the contract but not the one with Tottenham
- 14:30 West Ham reject Arsenal's third offer for Rice. Manchester City are considering withdrawing from the auction
- 13:24 Mbappé at Real, the striker's mother-agent is the key: she will be the one to deal with PSG
- 19:15 OFFICIAL - "Welcome to Finnesota". Center forward Pukki restarts from MLS
- 19:13 OFFICIAL - Mateo Kovacic leaves Chelsea and signs with Man City
- 18:30 AC Milan wants Pulisic. Berhalter advises the US midfielder
- 18:00 West Ham: 100 million not enough for Declan Rice, rejected offers from Arsenal and Man City
- 17:30 Timothy Weah moves to Italy
- 17:00 NYCFC may pursue former Vancouver Whitecaps player
- 16:30 Antoine Griezmann wants to play in MLS and rejects the offer from Saudi Arabia
- 15:59 Keaton Parks: "I'm happy to be able to do goal and assist"
- 15:32 Bayern Munich, formal offer for Harry Kane
- 15:23 Andrea Pirlo returns to Italy, signs with Sampdoria
- 13:28 Manchester City's Champions League win could impact NYCFC's future
- 12:00 James Sands Selected To Represent The USMNT At The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup
- 08:30 Lionel Messi lands in the MLS: pros and cons
- 23:48 Real Salt Lake vs NYCFC: one player unavailable for Cushing
- 23:46 NYCFC, Cushing: “We’re Desperate For The First Road Win"
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville