NYCFC CEO Brad Sims has released the following statement on behalf of the Club:
“The health and safety of our fans, players and staff is – and always has been – our number one priority. After monitoring the COVID-19 situation extremely closely with our partners at MLS and city, state and federal agencies, we fully support the League’s decision to suspend the 2020 season for a 30-day time period.
“Together, we will be diligent, using this break to evaluate and respond to the rapidly changing situation. We remain committed to the health practices outlined by the CDC and encourage all NYCFC fans and New Yorkers to do the same. We would like to thank NYCFC fans for their understanding and support during this challenging time.”
NYCFC will ensure that season tickets, groups and individual tickets already purchased for Saturday’s Home Opener and other postponed matches will be honored once rescheduled. If a decision is made to cancel any games – or to play behind-closed-doors – NYCFC will work closely with fans to provide refunds and/or credits for future games.
Additionally, Concacaf has announced the suspension of the 2020 Champions League due to COVID-19.
NYCFC will continue to be in close contact with fans and issue further Club statements on NYCFC.com and Club social channels.
Altre notizie - Focus
- 16:00 NYCFC, a mountain to climb
- 15:00 Alexander Ring, 100 in NYCFC
- 14:00 New York City FC, Qualification Hopes
- 13:00 Finally good news for NYCFC: Maxi Moralez can return against Inter Miami
- 16:00 VIDEO - The perfect Half-Volley of Jesus Medina
- 15:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City - Press Conference of Ronny Deila
- 14:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City - Medina Reaction
- 13:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City, Sean Johnson Reaction
- 08:00 Match Recap - NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City
- 15:00 Tinnerholm: The next game will be crucial for us
- 14:00 New York City FC Academy Director Liam Manning to Become Head Coach of Lommel SK
- 15:00 NYCFC, Luckless Concession
- 14:00 New York City FC, A Narrow Loss
- 13:00 New York City FC: All Change
- 01:00 Tinnerholm: Its frustrating to not score the goals
- 00:16 NYCFC face "must-win" game against Orlando City SC after loss to Philadelphia Union
- 13:00 Ibeagha and Rocha are questionable for the game against Philadelphia
- 12:00 NYCFC stadium search slowed by COVID-19: "It just wasn’t anyone’s top priority"
- 22:10 Full Team Training | Gary Mackay-Steven
- 21:59 Sean Johnson on NYCFC's MLS is Back Tournament group draw: We're not looking for excuses
- 15:00 Keaton Parks: "We're excited to get back and play again"
- 14:00 Deila Reaction to Group Stage Draw
- 22:46 Ronny Deila: It will be hard for NYCFC to keep James Sands from European offers
- 14:00 MLS is Back - The thoughts of Ronny Deila
- 07:56 MLS is Back Tournament - Maxi Moralez shares his thoughts
- 22:30 MLS is Back!
- 15:00 NYCFC is working on the second start of the MLS
- 14:00 The meteors passed in New York: Eloi Amagat
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map