His World Cup was a flop. Belgium's expectations in Qatar were very high, some thought this could be their year. It wasn't like that. A few days after the elimination from the World Cup, Eden Hazard also announced that he has left the national team. The Real Madrid player has made this unexpected decision which could also have implications for his next club.
Hazard showed his best with Chelsea. From 2012 to 2019 Hazard was the London club's most iconic player and his transfer from Lille to Chelsea was the most expensive in the history of Belgian players. With Chelsea Hazard he played 245 games scoring 85 goals. Beautiful plays, a driving force on and off the pitch. With Chelsea he wins everything, both nationally and internationally. His performances did not go unnoticed and in 2019 he moved to Real Madrid for the stratospheric sum of 100 million euros.
But Hazard's performance in Spain is not the same as Chelsea's. He often gets injured, but when he goes on the pitch he can never show his talent. At Real Madrid he still wins at club level, but for most of the games he is always on the bench.
As much as Hazard is in the waning phase of his career, he still has a lot of appeal. In Europe he is sought after by various Italian teams, in particular by Juventus, but he also has admirers in England. Furthermore, in the last few hours, the rumor of his possible landing in MLS has been circulating. In fact, the decision to leave the national team is also linked to his next choice. By moving to MLS, a different league from the European ones, he would no longer be under the attentions of the Belgium coach. Hazard himself has often stated that he wants to play in MLS and is often in America. A few days ago Hazard was spotted right in New York.
New York City FC can do more than one thought about Hazard. He's a player to recover on a mental level above all, but who could bring great experience to the team. Furthermore, Hazard is 31 years old and can still play 4-5 years at a high level. New York City FC shouldn't pass up the opportunity.
Other news - NYCFC Transfermarkt
- 16:52 Three Keys of NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls
- 16:23 NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls, Cushing: "Incredible atmosphere at Yankee Stadium"
- 01:20 The Knicks can sacrifice Immanuel Quickley for a star
- 00:01 Maxi Moralez: "I can't wait to be reunited with the fans"
- 23:00 Maxi Moralez back to NYCFC: "I couldn’t be more excited"
- 22:03 David Lee: "Maxi will bring leadership and experience to our group"
- 22:00 OFFICIAL - Maxi Moralez Returns to New York City Football Club
- 13:00 David Lee: "We're excited to integrate Fernandez into the team"
- 07:20 NYCFC Signs Argentinian Forward Julián Fernández
- 15:30 Bernardeschi can leave Toronto: there is interest from an Italian club
- 14:30 Los Angeles Galaxy crazy offer to Hriving Lozano
- 13:42 CR7: "Saudi Pro League is much better than the MLS"
- 18:44 NYCFC, failing season. The trend needs to be reversed
- 17:27 Birk Risa: "I'm happy to be here, I can't wait to get started"
- 15:39 OFFICIAL - NYCFC Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa
- 13:44 Taty Castellanos moves to Lazio
- 13:40 Inter Miami, Alba también se sumará al proyecto
- 23:36 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami, Gerardo Martino named new coach
- 22:58 Timothy Weah has landed in Turin, he will be a Juventus player
- 22:56 OFFICIAL - Kai Havertz is a new Arsenal player
- 15:30 Bayern Munich on Kane, there is an agreement on the contract but not the one with Tottenham
- 14:30 West Ham reject Arsenal's third offer for Rice. Manchester City are considering withdrawing from the auction
- 13:24 Mbappé at Real, the striker's mother-agent is the key: she will be the one to deal with PSG
- 19:15 OFFICIAL - "Welcome to Finnesota". Center forward Pukki restarts from MLS
- 19:13 OFFICIAL - Mateo Kovacic leaves Chelsea and signs with Man City
- 18:30 AC Milan wants Pulisic. Berhalter advises the US midfielder
- 18:00 West Ham: 100 million not enough for Declan Rice, rejected offers from Arsenal and Man City
- 17:30 Timothy Weah moves to Italy
- 17:00 NYCFC may pursue former Vancouver Whitecaps player
- 16:30 Antoine Griezmann wants to play in MLS and rejects the offer from Saudi Arabia
- 15:59 Keaton Parks: "I'm happy to be able to do goal and assist"
- 15:32 Bayern Munich, formal offer for Harry Kane
- 15:23 Andrea Pirlo returns to Italy, signs with Sampdoria
- 13:28 Manchester City's Champions League win could impact NYCFC's future
- 12:00 James Sands Selected To Represent The USMNT At The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup
- 08:30 Lionel Messi lands in the MLS: pros and cons
- 23:48 Real Salt Lake vs NYCFC: one player unavailable for Cushing
- 23:46 NYCFC, Cushing: “We’re Desperate For The First Road Win"
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville