The Summer of Soccer is in full swing, and the internationals are headed to their upcoming tournaments.
Sean Johnson and Ronald Matarrita are getting ready to take on the Concacaf Gold Cup with the U.S. and Costa Rica respectively, while Alex Callens is headed to Copa America in Brazil.
As the Boys in Blue are off representing their respective countries, we’ve compiled some information on how you can follow them in their quests for international glory…
Sean Johnson has been a go-to option for Gregg Berhalter in his brief reign as USMNT boss, as he has enjoyed consistent callups to represent his country. Although Johnson has been serving as backup for Zack Steffen leading up to the Gold Cup, Berhalter has a solid option in Johnson.
The keeper has earned a place on the 23 man roster for the Gold Cup because of his consistency and talent in net. In Johnson’s previous appearance for the USMNT, he led the team to a shutout win against Ecuador.
To support Sean Johnson and the USMNT, the group stage schedule is as follows:
USA vs Guyana - June 18 @ 10 P.M.
USA vs Trinidad and Tobago - June 22 @ 8 P.M.
USA vs Panama - June 26 @ 9 P.M.
Ronald Matarrita earned a callup to represent Costa Rica in the upcoming Gold Cup tournament. The defender has a special place in his heart for his country, so to be able to represent it in the tournament means the world to him.
Matarrita was called up to the 2018 Costa Rica World Cup squad and was ecstatic to live out his dream, but on the eve of the tournament he suffered an injury which heartbreakingly cost him his spot.
Although that moment was a setback for Mata, he uses it as motivation.
Now that he’s healthy once again and his Gold Cup callup rolled in, Matarrita was ecstatic to have the chance to represent his nation once again.
To root for the defender, Mata’s group stage schedule is as follows:
Costa Rica vs Nicaragua - June 16 @ 8:30 P.M.
Costa Rica vs Bermuda - June 20 @ 9:30 P.M.
Costa Rica vs Haiti - June 24 @ 9 P.M.
Alex Callens had lost his spot on the Peruvian National team, and one of his goals, while playing for NYCFC, was to fight his way back into contention.
Callens quickly became a fixture on the NYCFC defense, and once again regained the interest of Peru and after a couple of successful appearances in friendlies, he received his callup to the team heading into the Copa America tournament.
Although the defender has appeared on Peru’s bench since his last start on March 27, he hopes to break into the Starting XI in for the tournament.
Show your support for Alex Callens by tuning into the Copa America matches, Peru’s group stage schedule is as follows:
Peru vs Venezuela - June 15 @ 3 P.M.
Peru vs Bolivia - June 18 @ 5:30 P.M.
Peru vs Brazil - June 22 @ 3 P.M.
Altre notizie - News
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map
- 21:48 FC Cincinnati had contact with Dome Torrent for head coach, but no interview
- 15:00 Ronny Deila watching every 2019 match, learning Spanish during break
- 14:00 Ronald Matarrita: Costa Rica is the best team in Concacaf
- 19:00 NYCFC donates 100,000 meals to NY Common Pantry in coronavirus relief effort
- 18:27 NYCFC, An Update from Brad Sims
- 20:00 NYCFC helping with coronavirus impact close to home
- 19:39 NYCFC Meets with Ian Joy Powered by Cisco Webex | Ronny Deila
- 21:20 Major League Soccer Unveils 'MLS Unites'
- 20:56 Andrea Pirlo: "FC Barcelona is waiting for me"
- 10:05 Maxi Moralez: "We'll return to Bergamo"
- 18:17 NYCFC's Maxi Moralez, Valentin Castellanos and Jesus Medina follow stay-at-home orders together — literally
- 17:22 COVID-19: New Restrictions in NYC
- 16:36 Maxi trains with the family and also with Medina and Castellanos
- 23:36 NYCFC confirm first case of COVID-19 in club's sporting department
- 16:12 MLS extends season suspension in accordance with CDC guidance on COVID-19
- 14:16 Maxi Moralez is training with the family
- 22:00 Stop the MLS: let's try to explain the COVID-19
- 21:30 Johnson: "We had to make a result"
- 21:25 Concacaf suspends Champions League due to coronavirus
- 21:03 Deila: NYCFC abandon style against Tigres UANL in second half of CCL loss
- 19:47 Club Statement
- 16:55 MLS suspends 2020 season for 30 days in wake of coronavirus pandemic
- 13:00 New York City FC defeated by soccer law
- 12:00 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Ronny Deila Press Conference
- 11:07 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Match Recap
- 00:30 Efrain Juarez joins Deila and Mackay-Steven at New York City FC
- 00:01 Hoops hat-trick in New York