New York City Interim Head Coach Nick Cushing has confirmed Midfielder Justin Haak is back in contention for Saturday’s trip to Charlotte FC.
The Head Coach also revealed Keaton Parks will again be named in the matchday squad but is unlikely to start, while Gedion Zelalem is set to feature with Thiago Martins, Nico Acevedo and Maxime Chanot all suspended.
“The positive is that Justin is back,” he stated. “Justin Haak will be in contention.
“It’s more than likely that Anton will miss out again, and we’ll prioritize Wednesday, and then next Saturday.
“Anton has just gone through the process now of seeing whether we can push him, but we have to be really careful with Anton because we’ve pushed him previously and we lost him to the hamstring.
“It’s a bit different [to Parks’ return] because he’s played regular minutes, and he'd played some regular minutes leading up to the hamstring injury. Once he’s fit, he could start a game but to think that he will go 90 minutes is unrealistic, especially in the types of game [we have]: a Cup Final or a Hudson River Derby.
“It's a real positive that he had two or three games before he had the hamstring injury. We just need to make sure that the hamstring is conditioned.
“Keaton’s not ready to start the game but he’ll definitely be in the squad. We just have to be really strategic with getting Keaton back because of the nature of the injury. We have to get him back to being able to start games as quickly as possible but it’s going to be a process.
“I think anything towards 30 minutes for him will be a huge positive. To think that he can go for a full half after not playing for two months is unrealistic for him so anything towards 30 minutes will be a huge positive, but obviously, where we are in the game will dictate that"
Other news - Focus
- 16:52 Three Keys of NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls
- 16:23 NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls, Cushing: "Incredible atmosphere at Yankee Stadium"
- 01:20 The Knicks can sacrifice Immanuel Quickley for a star
- 00:01 Maxi Moralez: "I can't wait to be reunited with the fans"
- 23:00 Maxi Moralez back to NYCFC: "I couldn’t be more excited"
- 22:03 David Lee: "Maxi will bring leadership and experience to our group"
- 22:00 OFFICIAL - Maxi Moralez Returns to New York City Football Club
- 13:00 David Lee: "We're excited to integrate Fernandez into the team"
- 07:20 NYCFC Signs Argentinian Forward Julián Fernández
- 15:30 Bernardeschi can leave Toronto: there is interest from an Italian club
- 14:30 Los Angeles Galaxy crazy offer to Hriving Lozano
- 13:42 CR7: "Saudi Pro League is much better than the MLS"
- 18:44 NYCFC, failing season. The trend needs to be reversed
- 17:27 Birk Risa: "I'm happy to be here, I can't wait to get started"
- 15:39 OFFICIAL - NYCFC Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa
- 13:44 Taty Castellanos moves to Lazio
- 13:40 Inter Miami, Alba también se sumará al proyecto
- 23:36 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami, Gerardo Martino named new coach
- 22:58 Timothy Weah has landed in Turin, he will be a Juventus player
- 22:56 OFFICIAL - Kai Havertz is a new Arsenal player
- 15:30 Bayern Munich on Kane, there is an agreement on the contract but not the one with Tottenham
- 14:30 West Ham reject Arsenal's third offer for Rice. Manchester City are considering withdrawing from the auction
- 13:24 Mbappé at Real, the striker's mother-agent is the key: she will be the one to deal with PSG
- 19:15 OFFICIAL - "Welcome to Finnesota". Center forward Pukki restarts from MLS
- 19:13 OFFICIAL - Mateo Kovacic leaves Chelsea and signs with Man City
- 18:30 AC Milan wants Pulisic. Berhalter advises the US midfielder
- 18:00 West Ham: 100 million not enough for Declan Rice, rejected offers from Arsenal and Man City
- 17:30 Timothy Weah moves to Italy
- 17:00 NYCFC may pursue former Vancouver Whitecaps player
- 16:30 Antoine Griezmann wants to play in MLS and rejects the offer from Saudi Arabia
- 15:59 Keaton Parks: "I'm happy to be able to do goal and assist"
- 15:32 Bayern Munich, formal offer for Harry Kane
- 15:23 Andrea Pirlo returns to Italy, signs with Sampdoria
- 13:28 Manchester City's Champions League win could impact NYCFC's future
- 12:00 James Sands Selected To Represent The USMNT At The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup
- 08:30 Lionel Messi lands in the MLS: pros and cons
- 23:48 Real Salt Lake vs NYCFC: one player unavailable for Cushing
- 23:46 NYCFC, Cushing: “We’re Desperate For The First Road Win"
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville