Bruce Arena didn't mince words after his team's 2-0 home defeat to New York City FC in Week 9.
At his postgame press conference, the New England Revolution coach said his team was "thoroughly outplayed" over the course of the 90 minutes against the Cityzens, as the defeat dropped the Revs to 2W-2L-5D on the season.
"I think every player lost their matchup tonight," Arena said. "I don’t have a high evaluation. Just in general, I thought Diego Fagundez played well for us tonight. [Tommy] McNamara was fine for the minutes he played. I thought he was going to fatigue and I think he did. Yeah, [Matt] Turner did everything he needed to do. Nothing he could do there. And [Michael] Mancienne was solid, but I think on the night, all the other positions on the field, we were outplayed. Give them a lot of credit. They were certainly the better team.”
In terms of the notion of his team being out-competed, Arena said in this case it was more about New York City FC showing its quality on the day than any sort of long-term pattern he's noticed within his group. Arena said the Cityzens were the strongest opponent his group has faced, but that it's on his Revolution to address the issues that led to the poor result.
"We had a very poor start against [New York] Red Bull as well, but New York City [FC] is probably the best team we’ve played this year and they showed it on the night," Arena said. "We weren’t up to their quality and the way they battled. I was very disappointed in our physical performance, in the fact that we were out-competed in a number of positions.
Altre notizie - The Opponent
- 23:30 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Thórarinsson Preview
- 23:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 22:34 Injury Report - Maxi Moralez and two others are unavailable
- 23:00 Tinnerholm is decisive: he is the leader of New York
- 21:35 Ronny Deila expressed his satisfaction with the victory against FC Cincinnati
- 19:57 NYCFC, a growing concern for injured Maxi Moralez
- 18:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Mackay-Steven Reaction
- 16:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Tinnerholm Reaction
- 14:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Ronny Reaction on the injuries of Matarrita and Maxi
- 12:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Highlights
- 10:26 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Match Recap
- 23:00 NYCFC Announces Latest Support for South Bronx during COVID-19
- 22:18 NYCFC vs. FC Cincinnati - Ronny Deila Preview
- 08:26 Justin Haak Joins Hartford Athletic on Season-Long Loan
- 14:00 Seitz makes 4 saves, DC United ties NYCFC 0-0 without a shot
- 12:00 New York City FC little cynical and unlucky
- 10:00 DC United 0, New York City FC 0 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
- 08:10 D.C. United 0-0 NYCFC - Match Recap
- 18:00 James Sands at risk of disqualification
- 16:00 New York City FC - Only two absent against DC United
- 14:00 DC UNITED vs NYCFC: PROBABLE STARTING XI
- 23:30 Bruce Arena: NYCFC the best team we've played this year
- 22:39 Messi's arrival at New York City FC is postponed
- 23:30 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Joe Scally's Reaction
- 23:00 NE Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Héber Reaction
- 22:23 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 16:00 Fagundez: "We need to learn from" loss to New York City FC
- 14:00 Turner: "We were physically just dominated all night"
- 12:00 Arena: "On the night we were thoroughly outplayed"
- 10:00 New England Revolution 0, New York City FC 2 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
- 08:21 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Match Recap
- 16:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Keaton Parks Preview
- 15:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 13:00 NYCFC, offer to Benfica for Cristian Lema
- 22:30 Tinnerholm: "We don't have to think we are the best"
- 21:19 Ronny Deila relies on Maxi Moralez for the third win in a row of NYCFC
- 18:43 Arena | "We're going to anticipate some changes on Wednesday" vs. NYCFC
- 19:00 New York City FC finds the best Anton Tinnerholm
- 17:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Maxi Moralez Reaction
- 15:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Tinnerholm Reaction
- 13:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 21:48 Maxi Moralez is back and NYCFC is amazing
- 20:59 Breaking News: Messi's future first in Manchester then in New York
- 18:00 New York veterans make the Blues shine again
- 17:00 New York City FC vs. Chicago Fire FC - MLS Highlights
- 16:00 With Maxi Moralez back, NYCFC play best 45 minutes of season in 3-1 win over Chicago Fire FC
- 14:26 Messi does not show up for the Barça tests. NYCFC and MLS continue to pray
- 08:19 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire - Match Recap
- 21:30 A British reporter puts Messi away from NYCFC
- 21:00 NYCFC vs Chicago Fire: Here's how it went last time
- 20:36 Johnson: "We are always on the front line"