Following their win against Columbus Crew, NYCFC revealed details of a match that took place after their most recent derby defeat to the Red Bulls, which involved a handful of team leaders - Alex Ring, Maxi Moralez and Heber - and their new coach, Ronny Deila.
It could help explain the lively display in the 1-0 win over Columbus which Deila called "incredible" and "incredibly good". Every NYCFC player has given up their bodies against Columbus, showing the kind of tenacity that has sometimes been lacking for them in the great moments of the past. As Deila said, the NYCFC wanted him to be "five to 10 percent more than them."
"I felt after the game against Red Bull that there was something we weren't connected enough with in what we did," Deila said. “And [the players] were very clear about the style of play: being more in the [opponent's] half court and more offensive in the mentality. I think it's great for me because that's what I want too. It's always about communication. Little things can make a big difference. One thing is what you mean and another is what is received. But today I saw a team taking responsibility and really committed to each other and to the match schedule".
Based on how the players have talked about the match, we could look back on it as the turning point of their season if they can continue to climb the East rankings in the 16 games left.
"We are all grown men and I think it's important to be honest because a career is short and time is short and you shouldn't waste time, look back and repent," said Ring, the captain and top scorer when asked about the meeting. “There is no friction between the team and the coach and I think we proved it today. I think it was a productive meeting ".
"There were a lot of things said internally that really got us on the right track," added goalkeeper Sean Johnson.
Altre notizie - News
- 23:30 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Thórarinsson Preview
- 23:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 22:34 Injury Report - Maxi Moralez and two others are unavailable
- 23:00 Tinnerholm is decisive: he is the leader of New York
- 21:35 Ronny Deila expressed his satisfaction with the victory against FC Cincinnati
- 19:57 NYCFC, a growing concern for injured Maxi Moralez
- 18:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Mackay-Steven Reaction
- 16:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Tinnerholm Reaction
- 14:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Ronny Reaction on the injuries of Matarrita and Maxi
- 12:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Highlights
- 10:26 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Match Recap
- 23:00 NYCFC Announces Latest Support for South Bronx during COVID-19
- 22:18 NYCFC vs. FC Cincinnati - Ronny Deila Preview
- 08:26 Justin Haak Joins Hartford Athletic on Season-Long Loan
- 14:00 Seitz makes 4 saves, DC United ties NYCFC 0-0 without a shot
- 12:00 New York City FC little cynical and unlucky
- 10:00 DC United 0, New York City FC 0 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
- 08:10 D.C. United 0-0 NYCFC - Match Recap
- 18:00 James Sands at risk of disqualification
- 16:00 New York City FC - Only two absent against DC United
- 14:00 DC UNITED vs NYCFC: PROBABLE STARTING XI
- 23:30 Bruce Arena: NYCFC the best team we've played this year
- 22:39 Messi's arrival at New York City FC is postponed
- 23:30 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Joe Scally's Reaction
- 23:00 NE Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Héber Reaction
- 22:23 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 16:00 Fagundez: "We need to learn from" loss to New York City FC
- 14:00 Turner: "We were physically just dominated all night"
- 12:00 Arena: "On the night we were thoroughly outplayed"
- 10:00 New England Revolution 0, New York City FC 2 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
- 08:21 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Match Recap
- 16:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Keaton Parks Preview
- 15:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 13:00 NYCFC, offer to Benfica for Cristian Lema
- 22:30 Tinnerholm: "We don't have to think we are the best"
- 21:19 Ronny Deila relies on Maxi Moralez for the third win in a row of NYCFC
- 18:43 Arena | "We're going to anticipate some changes on Wednesday" vs. NYCFC
- 19:00 New York City FC finds the best Anton Tinnerholm
- 17:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Maxi Moralez Reaction
- 15:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Tinnerholm Reaction
- 13:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 21:48 Maxi Moralez is back and NYCFC is amazing
- 20:59 Breaking News: Messi's future first in Manchester then in New York
- 18:00 New York veterans make the Blues shine again
- 17:00 New York City FC vs. Chicago Fire FC - MLS Highlights
- 16:00 With Maxi Moralez back, NYCFC play best 45 minutes of season in 3-1 win over Chicago Fire FC
- 14:26 Messi does not show up for the Barça tests. NYCFC and MLS continue to pray
- 08:19 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire - Match Recap
- 21:30 A British reporter puts Messi away from NYCFC
- 21:00 NYCFC vs Chicago Fire: Here's how it went last time
- 20:36 Johnson: "We are always on the front line"