NYCFC are rollin'.
Dome Torrent's side went to Dignity Sports Health Park and defeated the LA Galaxy 2-0, behind first-half goals from Heber and Maxi Moralez. They have now won four of their last five matches, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the Galaxy are trending in the opposite direction, losers of three consecutive games.
Heber gave NYCFC the lead in the first half, tapping home a rebound following an Anton Tinnerholm shot. He has three goals and three assists in his first seven appearances (five starts) since joining the club. Then, just moments before halftime, NYCFC doubled their advantage as Moralez converted a penalty after twice missing from the spot previously in 2019.
The second goal was subject to a VAR check for both offside and a potential penalty, eventually ruling that Tinnerholm was onside and that Uriel Antuna was guilty of a handball on the Swede's attempted cross. Prior to NYCFC's goals, Ibrahimovic thought he broke the deadlock against the run of play in the 27th minute, but the offside flag raised as the 37-year-old tapped into an empty net.
Fresh off their injury absences and snubs from the US U-20 World Cup roster, teenagers James Sands and Julian Araujo each started for their clubs. Recent Galaxy signing Giancarlo Gonzalez made his first start for the club, as Guillermo Barros Schelotto opted for a back three from the start, before switching to a back-four at halftime.
Altre notizie - News
- 15:00 Tinnerholm: The next game will be crucial for us
- 14:00 New York City FC Academy Director Liam Manning to Become Head Coach of Lommel SK
- 15:00 NYCFC, Luckless Concession
- 14:00 New York City FC, A Narrow Loss
- 13:00 New York City FC: All Change
- 01:00 Tinnerholm: Its frustrating to not score the goals
- 00:16 NYCFC face "must-win" game against Orlando City SC after loss to Philadelphia Union
- 13:00 Ibeagha and Rocha are questionable for the game against Philadelphia
- 12:00 NYCFC stadium search slowed by COVID-19: "It just wasn’t anyone’s top priority"
- 22:10 Full Team Training | Gary Mackay-Steven
- 21:59 Sean Johnson on NYCFC's MLS is Back Tournament group draw: We're not looking for excuses
- 15:00 Keaton Parks: "We're excited to get back and play again"
- 14:00 Deila Reaction to Group Stage Draw
- 22:46 Ronny Deila: It will be hard for NYCFC to keep James Sands from European offers
- 14:00 MLS is Back - The thoughts of Ronny Deila
- 07:56 MLS is Back Tournament - Maxi Moralez shares his thoughts
- 22:30 MLS is Back!
- 15:00 NYCFC is working on the second start of the MLS
- 14:00 The meteors passed in New York: Eloi Amagat
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map
- 21:48 FC Cincinnati had contact with Dome Torrent for head coach, but no interview
- 15:00 Ronny Deila watching every 2019 match, learning Spanish during break
- 14:00 Ronald Matarrita: Costa Rica is the best team in Concacaf
- 19:00 NYCFC donates 100,000 meals to NY Common Pantry in coronavirus relief effort
- 18:27 NYCFC, An Update from Brad Sims
- 20:00 NYCFC helping with coronavirus impact close to home
- 19:39 NYCFC Meets with Ian Joy Powered by Cisco Webex | Ronny Deila