New York City FC draws the Hudson River Derby goalless. Below are the three main keys to the match:
NYCFC NOT PREVENTED IN THE FIRST HALF
The Blues handed the game initiative to the Red Bulls during the first half. Ultimately, NYCFC gave full playing time to their arch-rivals. We don't know if it was a game choice on Cushing's part to give his opponents time and then try to exploit the spaces, tiredness, and lack of clarity that Red Bulls would have shown in the second half. The fact is that New York City FC didn't play in the first half, luckily the Red Bulls weren't able to take advantage of it.
ATTACK WITHOUT MALICIOUSNESS
After giving away the first half to their opponents, in the second half it was the Blues who won the game. New York City FC made the most of their opponents' tiredness by creating opportunities that the team was unable to make the most of. Especially towards the end, the best opportunities came, but in attack, there was a lack of cynicism and malice, that pinch of cheek to go on to score a goal that would have decided the Hudson River Derby. Putting aside Freese's great late save for a moment, throughout the entire game New York City created the most straightforward chances and deserved more. But to win you have to score goals, New York didn't manage to do that.
FREESE SAVES THE CITY
We were talking about Matt Freese's save. He was decisive in avoiding defeat for the Blues, a defeat that would also have been undeserved. The save was extraordinary, with great reaction, and a sense of reactivity to the nth degree, Freese literally performed a miracle allowing the Blues to at least take home an important point. It is no coincidence that he is then named Man Of The Match. His save was decisive for New York City FC.
Other news - Focus
- 16:52 Three Keys of NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls
- 16:23 NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls, Cushing: "Incredible atmosphere at Yankee Stadium"
- 01:20 The Knicks can sacrifice Immanuel Quickley for a star
- 00:01 Maxi Moralez: "I can't wait to be reunited with the fans"
- 23:00 Maxi Moralez back to NYCFC: "I couldn’t be more excited"
- 22:03 David Lee: "Maxi will bring leadership and experience to our group"
- 22:00 OFFICIAL - Maxi Moralez Returns to New York City Football Club
- 13:00 David Lee: "We're excited to integrate Fernandez into the team"
- 07:20 NYCFC Signs Argentinian Forward Julián Fernández
- 15:30 Bernardeschi can leave Toronto: there is interest from an Italian club
- 14:30 Los Angeles Galaxy crazy offer to Hriving Lozano
- 13:42 CR7: "Saudi Pro League is much better than the MLS"
- 18:44 NYCFC, failing season. The trend needs to be reversed
- 17:27 Birk Risa: "I'm happy to be here, I can't wait to get started"
- 15:39 OFFICIAL - NYCFC Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa
- 13:44 Taty Castellanos moves to Lazio
- 13:40 Inter Miami, Alba también se sumará al proyecto
- 23:36 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami, Gerardo Martino named new coach
- 22:58 Timothy Weah has landed in Turin, he will be a Juventus player
- 22:56 OFFICIAL - Kai Havertz is a new Arsenal player
- 15:30 Bayern Munich on Kane, there is an agreement on the contract but not the one with Tottenham
- 14:30 West Ham reject Arsenal's third offer for Rice. Manchester City are considering withdrawing from the auction
- 13:24 Mbappé at Real, the striker's mother-agent is the key: she will be the one to deal with PSG
- 19:15 OFFICIAL - "Welcome to Finnesota". Center forward Pukki restarts from MLS
- 19:13 OFFICIAL - Mateo Kovacic leaves Chelsea and signs with Man City
- 18:30 AC Milan wants Pulisic. Berhalter advises the US midfielder
- 18:00 West Ham: 100 million not enough for Declan Rice, rejected offers from Arsenal and Man City
- 17:30 Timothy Weah moves to Italy
- 17:00 NYCFC may pursue former Vancouver Whitecaps player
- 16:30 Antoine Griezmann wants to play in MLS and rejects the offer from Saudi Arabia
- 15:59 Keaton Parks: "I'm happy to be able to do goal and assist"
- 15:32 Bayern Munich, formal offer for Harry Kane
- 15:23 Andrea Pirlo returns to Italy, signs with Sampdoria
- 13:28 Manchester City's Champions League win could impact NYCFC's future
- 12:00 James Sands Selected To Represent The USMNT At The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup
- 08:30 Lionel Messi lands in the MLS: pros and cons
- 23:48 Real Salt Lake vs NYCFC: one player unavailable for Cushing
- 23:46 NYCFC, Cushing: “We’re Desperate For The First Road Win"
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville