It was an incredible match ended in the worst way for New York City FC. Ready go and Nani brings Orlando ahead on a penalty. The response from New York was not long in coming and two minutes later Chanot's equalizer arrived. The start of the game looks promising, but the high expectations drop minute by minute. After the crackling start, Orlando City and NYCFC play trying not to concede a goal. It therefore ends up being a game with not many opportunities, blocked and nervous. Actually some chances are created, but Gallese and Johnson save their teams. In the final, the numerical superiority of the Blues is not exploited by Deila's team and therefore we go to extra time.
The two teams in extra time do not offer a great show. There is fear of taking the goal that would cost elimination. Penalties appear to be the ultimate goal of both teams.
Orlando City and NYCFC then play the playoffs on penalties. New York starts badly with Maxi Moralez hitting the crossbar. Orlando City does not miss even one, and so we arrive at the decisive penalty of Castellanos. Welsh parries him, Orlando passes the turn, the lions begin to celebrate but beware, the VAR intervenes. After a few minutes the decision: Gallese crossed the line, penalty invalid, yellow card to the goalkeeper, the second, and then expulsion.
But the best is yet to come. Pareja sends Rowe, the second goalkeeper, to replace Schlegel. The substitution is made, but the referee notices, and not after a short time, that Orlando has finished the changes available. Illegal substitution, Rowe returns to the bench and Schlegel, who is not a goalkeeper, must adapt and attempt to save the penalty to Castellanos. Here we are, Taty takes the penalty and scores. It goes on with the lottery of penalties. Johnson saves the penalty from Nani, Acevedo and Jansson score. It's up to Thórarinsson. The Blues player kicks him badly and Schlegel saves.
However, the embarrassment does not end there. Orlando cheers as if the game is over, but it's not. The referee calls everyone to order, the last penalty, the decisive one, has to be kicked. Michel makes no mistake and sends Orlando ahead in the playoffs. NYCFC comes home, and has a lot to recrminate.
Altre notizie - Focus
- 23:33 New York City FC selected Di Rosa and Latinovich
- 16:00 Former NYCFC Mix Diskerud joins the Denizlispor
- 15:00 New York City FC, Franco Cervi refuses transfer to the Blues
- 14:18 Injury to Sean Johnson forced to leave the USMNT training camp
- 23:14 New York City FC dismantled: it will be a tough season
- 22:57 City Football Group adds Bolivia's Club Bolivar as partner club
- 21:54 After Gomez even Ribery has been linked to NYCFC
- 16:31 NYCFC's Joe Scally makes move to Borussia Monchengladbach
- 22:02 Messi to MLS: bought a family apartment in Miami
- 20:00 Almeyda: "MLS wolud be the right league for Messi"
- 19:00 Papu Gomez linked to New York City FC
- 18:25 NYCFC, 2020 is a year of bitterness for fans
- 18:30 New York City FC, team weakened on the pitch and in the locker room
- 18:00 NYCFC's Alexandru Mitrita scores again in loan stint with Saudi Arabia's Al-Ahli
- 17:01 Austin FC sign former NYCFC goalkeeper Brad Stuver
- 22:48 Messi: "I always had the illusion of living in the US"
- 15:00 David Beckham tries to convince Messi to play for Inter Miami
- 14:00 New York City FC option for the future of Leo Messi
- 23:30 Keaton Parks Named NYCFC’s Young Player of the Year for 2020
- 23:00 Sean Johnson Named NYCFC’s Defensive Player of the Year for 2020
- 23:42 Austin FC, Reyna: "Ring will be a great addition to our club"
- 23:32 New York City FC, the Ring trade is a non sense choice
- 21:15 Sean Johnson out for Concacaf Champions League match against Tigres
- 21:07 Tigres UANL vs. NYCFC - Taty Castellanos Preview
- 21:05 Tigres UANL vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 22:13 Orlando City Goalkeeper Mason Stajduhar Loaned to NYCFC
- 22:12 New York City FC Announces Travel Plans for the Resumption of 2020 Concacaf Champions League
- 23:00 Stuver's emotional message after leaving NYCFC
- 22:39 NYCFC, Surgery for Alex Ring
- 17:36 NYCFC, exercise options for 5 players. Brad Stuver leaves NY
- 22:15 Sean Johnson: "Thanks to all the supporters who stuck with us through this challenging year"
- 21:51 New York City FC, Tinnerholm expressed his feelings
- 23:47 New York City FC, need to grow mentally and be more concrete
- 23:38 NYCFC, former intern describes sexual harassment allegations against David Villa
- 18:00 Tinnerholm: "It is brutal to lose this way"
- 17:00 Parks: "We deserved the victory"
- 16:00 Ronny Deila: "I'm devasteted"
- 15:30 New York City FC defeated: team without personality
- 15:00 NEW POLL - Orlando City 6 - 5 New York City FC: is it the worst defeat in the history of the Blues?
- 14:00 Orlando City (6) 1-1 (5) NYCFC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 00:01 What happened in the Orlando City vs. NYCFC penalty shootout? Here are the official explanations from PRO