The announcement of the construction of the new stadium brought joy and happiness among New York City FC fans. The good news that everyone has been waiting for has finally arrived: New York City FC will have its new stadium. We talked about it often, especially in every offseason we always came back to talking about the stadium issue. NYCFC takes a leap forward with building its own home.
In fact, a new stadium can have a very positive effect on the fans but also on the team. Having your own stadium creates a greater sense of belonging, giving a precise identity to the team and club. It is one thing to change your home often (NYCFC did it by dividing itself between Yankee Stadium. Citi Field and Red Bull Arena), but having your own stadium is quite another. A point of reference for the fans, but also for the players. Anyone who will (hopefully) wear the New York City FC shirt for 2027 will have the privilege of doing so in an entire stadium of the club.
We do not want to dwell on the mere economic aspect. We want to see everything from a sporty and romantic side. Let's think about the most famous stadiums in the world. La Bombonera in Argentina is the stadium of Boca Juniors, it is defined as a monument. In Spain they are the Santiago Bernabeu for Real Madrid and the Camp Nou for Barcelona. Moving to Italy there is San Siro for AC Milan and Inter Milan, the Stadium for Juventus, the Olimpico for Rome and Lazio. Looking at MLS, just mention LAFC's Banc of California. All places that have given a precise identity to fans, teams and clubs.
Whoever plays against New York City FC will have the difficult task of doing so in the Pigeons' own stadium. This can be an added value for New York and a major problem for those who will play as opponents in the new stadium.
New York City FC will very soon have an even stronger identity than it does now, all thanks to the new stadium.
Other news - Focus
- 13:35 One absent for New York City FC for the trip to Charlotte
- 13:29 New York City FC 2024 team numbers confirmed
- 16:52 Three Keys of NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls
- 16:23 NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls, Cushing: "Incredible atmosphere at Yankee Stadium"
- 01:20 The Knicks can sacrifice Immanuel Quickley for a star
- 00:01 Maxi Moralez: "I can't wait to be reunited with the fans"
- 23:00 Maxi Moralez back to NYCFC: "I couldn’t be more excited"
- 22:03 David Lee: "Maxi will bring leadership and experience to our group"
- 22:00 OFFICIAL - Maxi Moralez Returns to New York City Football Club
- 13:00 David Lee: "We're excited to integrate Fernandez into the team"
- 07:20 NYCFC Signs Argentinian Forward Julián Fernández
- 15:30 Bernardeschi can leave Toronto: there is interest from an Italian club
- 14:30 Los Angeles Galaxy crazy offer to Hriving Lozano
- 13:42 CR7: "Saudi Pro League is much better than the MLS"
- 18:44 NYCFC, failing season. The trend needs to be reversed
- 17:27 Birk Risa: "I'm happy to be here, I can't wait to get started"
- 15:39 OFFICIAL - NYCFC Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa
- 13:44 Taty Castellanos moves to Lazio
- 13:40 Inter Miami, Alba también se sumará al proyecto
- 23:36 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami, Gerardo Martino named new coach
- 22:58 Timothy Weah has landed in Turin, he will be a Juventus player
- 22:56 OFFICIAL - Kai Havertz is a new Arsenal player
- 15:30 Bayern Munich on Kane, there is an agreement on the contract but not the one with Tottenham
- 14:30 West Ham reject Arsenal's third offer for Rice. Manchester City are considering withdrawing from the auction
- 13:24 Mbappé at Real, the striker's mother-agent is the key: she will be the one to deal with PSG
- 19:15 OFFICIAL - "Welcome to Finnesota". Center forward Pukki restarts from MLS
- 19:13 OFFICIAL - Mateo Kovacic leaves Chelsea and signs with Man City
- 18:30 AC Milan wants Pulisic. Berhalter advises the US midfielder
- 18:00 West Ham: 100 million not enough for Declan Rice, rejected offers from Arsenal and Man City
- 17:30 Timothy Weah moves to Italy
- 17:00 NYCFC may pursue former Vancouver Whitecaps player
- 16:30 Antoine Griezmann wants to play in MLS and rejects the offer from Saudi Arabia
- 15:59 Keaton Parks: "I'm happy to be able to do goal and assist"
- 15:32 Bayern Munich, formal offer for Harry Kane
- 15:23 Andrea Pirlo returns to Italy, signs with Sampdoria
- 13:28 Manchester City's Champions League win could impact NYCFC's future
- 12:00 James Sands Selected To Represent The USMNT At The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup
- 08:30 Lionel Messi lands in the MLS: pros and cons
- 23:48 Real Salt Lake vs NYCFC: one player unavailable for Cushing
- 23:46 NYCFC, Cushing: “We’re Desperate For The First Road Win"
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville