The hemorrhaging of dropped points on the road appears to have finally stopped for New York City FC as they finally got a point away from New York against Orlando City.
A match fought and played with the right attitude by the Blues who managed to avoid defeat with the goal scored by Gabe Segal. A positive result that instills confidence in the team, and raises the morale of the players but must not give the illusion that the problems are completely over.
New York City FC is still an under-construction team. The negative results collected in series by the Blues confirm the difficulties Cushing is finding in keeping the group together and making it grow. The absence of veterans is felt a lot. NYCFC is a team made up of many new and young players. This is a team that lacks experience.
The point won in Orlando should therefore not suggest that NYCFC is a healed team, far from it. New York City FC still has a lot of work to do to become a solid, united, and competitive group. Confirmation that NYCFC is heading in the right direction will come in the upcoming game against the Philadelphia Union at Citi Field. Maybe a victory could make a team smile even more that needs to find continuity of results to definitely change the course of this season.
Autore: nycfc soccernews
Other news - Focus
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville
- 15:00 NYCFC must rebuild its fortress
- 13:30 NYCFC wants to get back to winning for their fans
- 12:00 NYCFC, Cushing: “We will definitely be rotating 100% in the coming weeks"
- 07:12 NYCFC, Cushing: "Ledezma is ok, Thiago Martins will not be available"
- 20:51 NYCFC, morale is down but not all is lost
- 19:59 New York City FC is called to the reaction
- 09:05 NYCFC, Nick Cushing could be sacked
- 23:22 New York City FC, the attack doesn't work, a no 9 is missing
- 22:30 Finally NYCFC returns home, an opportunity to return to winning
- 17:43 NYCFC on the mend but confirmation now needed
- 13:14 Gabe Segal is incredulous: "I still don't believe it"
- 19:14 NYCFC, worry about the physical and mental condition of the team
- 16:13 New York City FC, Nick Cushing is gambling his future
- 23:35 Santiago Rodriguez: "We need to start winning away"
- 00:19 NYCFC, Cushing. "Good mood but there is disappointment"
- 02:30 NYCFC, Luis Barraza proves to be an important part of the club
- 01:30 NYCFC, Sean Johnson's leadership in the team is missing
- 00:30 NYCFC, James Sands returns to talk about the defeat against Toronto FC
- 16:00 Cushing: "We have to solve the problem away from home"
- 14:00 NYCFC, the travel pain continues
- 12:00 Nick Cushing admits: "We didn't start the game well enough"
- 10:31 NYCFC defeated in Toronto: CJ Sapong's goal was decisive 1-0
- 21:46 Thiago Martins: "I feel the responsibility, I'm here to help everyone"
- 19:24 Cushing: "Barraza has become a leader of the squad"
- 19:21 Thiago Martins: "We have establish ourselves away from home"
- 02:00 Two NYCFC players in the MLS Team of the Matchday
- 01:00 Ledezma: "I fell good. I love New York, I feel at home here"
- 23:00 NYCFC, Cushing on James Sands: "He's available to play"
- 22:17 NYCFC, Nick Cushing: "We love our fans, they are the best in MLS"
- 23:18 Richy Ledezma shines in his first game as a starter
- 22:21 David Villa's emotion recalling his time at NYCFC with Andrea Pirlo
- 21:49 New York City FC wins thanks also to the surprise Luis Barraza
- 15:07 NYCFC, Cushing praises Sands: "His performance was flawless"
- 13:41 Cushing: "We are young but we have shown that we know how to suffer"
- 12:18 NYCFC 2-1 Nashville SC: the Blues get back to winning ways