Agreement has been reached for the resumption of the MLS, but there is still no precise date. In the meantime, however, the players' strike has been averted, so the MLS will resume with a different format. In fact, the MLS will resume in Orlando, a tournament will be held but the modalities and details are still unknown. Even if the date of the MLS restart is not known, the teams have started to resume training to arrive in Orlando in good physical condition.
NYCFC returns to training
New York City FC has therefore returned to training. Players started to arrive at the training ground with gloves and masks, and then they have had individual workouts. Subsequently, after a few days, the Blues started to do regular group workouts. Clearly, the team is training following all precautions to avoid other infections. These are simple small steps towards a return to normality.
Doubts about the physical condition
New York City FC then started training again for the resumption of the season which is expected to occur in early July. The stopping of the championship due to Covid changed all the teams' work plans. This also forced the City to review its working method. The players stayed home for months. Many of the team have kept fit at home, but it is completely different from regularly training on the field. All players therefore need time to find the right rhythm and good physical shape. This long forced break will force Ronny Deila's staff to start a sort of preparation for the championship. New York held a sort of preparation already carried out in Dubai. What will start in July will be the real beginning of the MLS season. New York City FC is approaching that date, hoping to get there with the team that has a good physical condition to better face the season, a new start of the MLS 2020.
Altre notizie - Focus
- 15:00 Tinnerholm: The next game will be crucial for us
- 14:00 New York City FC Academy Director Liam Manning to Become Head Coach of Lommel SK
- 15:00 NYCFC, Luckless Concession
- 14:00 New York City FC, A Narrow Loss
- 13:00 New York City FC: All Change
- 01:00 Tinnerholm: Its frustrating to not score the goals
- 00:16 NYCFC face "must-win" game against Orlando City SC after loss to Philadelphia Union
- 13:00 Ibeagha and Rocha are questionable for the game against Philadelphia
- 12:00 NYCFC stadium search slowed by COVID-19: "It just wasn’t anyone’s top priority"
- 22:10 Full Team Training | Gary Mackay-Steven
- 21:59 Sean Johnson on NYCFC's MLS is Back Tournament group draw: We're not looking for excuses
- 15:00 Keaton Parks: "We're excited to get back and play again"
- 14:00 Deila Reaction to Group Stage Draw
- 22:46 Ronny Deila: It will be hard for NYCFC to keep James Sands from European offers
- 14:00 MLS is Back - The thoughts of Ronny Deila
- 07:56 MLS is Back Tournament - Maxi Moralez shares his thoughts
- 22:30 MLS is Back!
- 15:00 NYCFC is working on the second start of the MLS
- 14:00 The meteors passed in New York: Eloi Amagat
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map
- 21:48 FC Cincinnati had contact with Dome Torrent for head coach, but no interview
- 15:00 Ronny Deila watching every 2019 match, learning Spanish during break
- 14:00 Ronald Matarrita: Costa Rica is the best team in Concacaf
- 19:00 NYCFC donates 100,000 meals to NY Common Pantry in coronavirus relief effort
- 18:27 NYCFC, An Update from Brad Sims
- 20:00 NYCFC helping with coronavirus impact close to home
- 19:39 NYCFC Meets with Ian Joy Powered by Cisco Webex | Ronny Deila