Manchester City managed after so many years to achieve what has always been the main goal, to win the Champions League. A dream that came true last Saturday when, thanks to Rodri's goal, City beat Inter and thus won their first Champions League title in their history. A goal that could open new horizons and that could also involve New York City FC.
Many players will leave Manchester City
After winning the Champions League, many players will leave Manchester to try to reach other goals in other clubs. None of them will arrive in MLS, but it is clear that, in the event of many transfers, City will be a team that will not start from scratch but almost. With the victory of the Champions League, Manchester City closed a cycle. The owner's idea is to keep winning, but it will be necessary to spend more money and it won't be easy to repeat a feat like this year's.
What will Pep Guardiola do?
Pep Guardiola will also have to decide what to do. For some time, the Spaniard has expressed his willingness to stay in Manchester, but the scenarios could change. 2024 could be Guardiola's year at NYCFC. The World Cup in the USA is near, the new stadium in New York will soon be ready. Guardiola would always remain in the group, but this time he will detach himself from the European pressure to try to win in America too, in a much calmer atmosphere than that of the Premier League.
Leo Messi's landing at Inter Miami FC could also favor Guardiola's arrival in New York. The idea of meeting up as opponents is very fascinating. The next few days will be decisive for understanding what the future of Pep Guardiola and therefore also of NYCFC will be.
Other news - Focus
- 16:52 Three Keys of NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls
- 16:23 NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls, Cushing: "Incredible atmosphere at Yankee Stadium"
- 01:20 The Knicks can sacrifice Immanuel Quickley for a star
- 00:01 Maxi Moralez: "I can't wait to be reunited with the fans"
- 23:00 Maxi Moralez back to NYCFC: "I couldn’t be more excited"
- 22:03 David Lee: "Maxi will bring leadership and experience to our group"
- 22:00 OFFICIAL - Maxi Moralez Returns to New York City Football Club
- 13:00 David Lee: "We're excited to integrate Fernandez into the team"
- 07:20 NYCFC Signs Argentinian Forward Julián Fernández
- 15:30 Bernardeschi can leave Toronto: there is interest from an Italian club
- 14:30 Los Angeles Galaxy crazy offer to Hriving Lozano
- 13:42 CR7: "Saudi Pro League is much better than the MLS"
- 18:44 NYCFC, failing season. The trend needs to be reversed
- 17:27 Birk Risa: "I'm happy to be here, I can't wait to get started"
- 15:39 OFFICIAL - NYCFC Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa
- 13:44 Taty Castellanos moves to Lazio
- 13:40 Inter Miami, Alba también se sumará al proyecto
- 23:36 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami, Gerardo Martino named new coach
- 22:58 Timothy Weah has landed in Turin, he will be a Juventus player
- 22:56 OFFICIAL - Kai Havertz is a new Arsenal player
- 15:30 Bayern Munich on Kane, there is an agreement on the contract but not the one with Tottenham
- 14:30 West Ham reject Arsenal's third offer for Rice. Manchester City are considering withdrawing from the auction
- 13:24 Mbappé at Real, the striker's mother-agent is the key: she will be the one to deal with PSG
- 19:15 OFFICIAL - "Welcome to Finnesota". Center forward Pukki restarts from MLS
- 19:13 OFFICIAL - Mateo Kovacic leaves Chelsea and signs with Man City
- 18:30 AC Milan wants Pulisic. Berhalter advises the US midfielder
- 18:00 West Ham: 100 million not enough for Declan Rice, rejected offers from Arsenal and Man City
- 17:30 Timothy Weah moves to Italy
- 17:00 NYCFC may pursue former Vancouver Whitecaps player
- 16:30 Antoine Griezmann wants to play in MLS and rejects the offer from Saudi Arabia
- 15:59 Keaton Parks: "I'm happy to be able to do goal and assist"
- 15:32 Bayern Munich, formal offer for Harry Kane
- 15:23 Andrea Pirlo returns to Italy, signs with Sampdoria
- 13:28 Manchester City's Champions League win could impact NYCFC's future
- 12:00 James Sands Selected To Represent The USMNT At The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup
- 08:30 Lionel Messi lands in the MLS: pros and cons
- 23:48 Real Salt Lake vs NYCFC: one player unavailable for Cushing
- 23:46 NYCFC, Cushing: “We’re Desperate For The First Road Win"
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville