MLS is preparing to embrace Lionel Messi. Inter Miami FC has probably closed the coup of the century by finding an agreement with the Argentine champion who will enrich not only Beckham's team but the whole movement. Messi has also shown in the last year that he has not yet reached the end of his career. It's clear that it's not what we admired at Barcelona, but in the last season Messi won first the World Cup and then Ligue1, still proving to be one of the best, if not the best in the world.
What brings Messi to MLS?
Surely the arrival of Messi in the US from yet makes the championship more spectacular, in addition to the fact that many from more different countries will start watching the MLS. They didn't do it before, now with Messi they have a valid reason to start watching soccer. Also, we are approaching the next World Cup which will be played right in the USA. Having Messi here is a fantastic sponsor for the whole movement, Messi is able to attract many people from all over the world, ironically even those who don't follow football. A fact that confirms this are the followers on the social networks of Inter Miami FC who, since the announcement of Messi's arrival, have increased fivefold, even surpassing those of the Miami Heat.
Messi's landing in MLS could also open the doors of the championship to other champions. There are already rumors about the possible arrival of Luis Suarez, his former Barça teammate, in Miami. Griezmann is another player who loves the United States and it wouldn't surprise us to see him in MLS. Neymar is also one of the suspects to play in America.
The downside of having Messi in MLS
However, there are not only positive aspects. Messi's arrival fills Inter Miami FC's coffers but empties those of the fans. Tickets have already skyrocketed. Do you want to see Messi? Then you have to pay. This is the live motive of the moment. In every stadium where Messi will play with Miami, ticket prices have increased. It is worth seeing such a champion, but it is clear that the clubs are taking advantage of this. It's nothing new, a similar thing happens for big matches in Europe too.
Other news - Focus
- 13:35 One absent for New York City FC for the trip to Charlotte
- 13:29 New York City FC 2024 team numbers confirmed
- 16:52 Three Keys of NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls
- 16:23 NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls, Cushing: "Incredible atmosphere at Yankee Stadium"
- 01:20 The Knicks can sacrifice Immanuel Quickley for a star
- 00:01 Maxi Moralez: "I can't wait to be reunited with the fans"
- 23:00 Maxi Moralez back to NYCFC: "I couldn’t be more excited"
- 22:03 David Lee: "Maxi will bring leadership and experience to our group"
- 22:00 OFFICIAL - Maxi Moralez Returns to New York City Football Club
- 13:00 David Lee: "We're excited to integrate Fernandez into the team"
- 07:20 NYCFC Signs Argentinian Forward Julián Fernández
- 15:30 Bernardeschi can leave Toronto: there is interest from an Italian club
- 14:30 Los Angeles Galaxy crazy offer to Hriving Lozano
- 13:42 CR7: "Saudi Pro League is much better than the MLS"
- 18:44 NYCFC, failing season. The trend needs to be reversed
- 17:27 Birk Risa: "I'm happy to be here, I can't wait to get started"
- 15:39 OFFICIAL - NYCFC Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa
- 13:44 Taty Castellanos moves to Lazio
- 13:40 Inter Miami, Alba también se sumará al proyecto
- 23:36 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami, Gerardo Martino named new coach
- 22:58 Timothy Weah has landed in Turin, he will be a Juventus player
- 22:56 OFFICIAL - Kai Havertz is a new Arsenal player
- 15:30 Bayern Munich on Kane, there is an agreement on the contract but not the one with Tottenham
- 14:30 West Ham reject Arsenal's third offer for Rice. Manchester City are considering withdrawing from the auction
- 13:24 Mbappé at Real, the striker's mother-agent is the key: she will be the one to deal with PSG
- 19:15 OFFICIAL - "Welcome to Finnesota". Center forward Pukki restarts from MLS
- 19:13 OFFICIAL - Mateo Kovacic leaves Chelsea and signs with Man City
- 18:30 AC Milan wants Pulisic. Berhalter advises the US midfielder
- 18:00 West Ham: 100 million not enough for Declan Rice, rejected offers from Arsenal and Man City
- 17:30 Timothy Weah moves to Italy
- 17:00 NYCFC may pursue former Vancouver Whitecaps player
- 16:30 Antoine Griezmann wants to play in MLS and rejects the offer from Saudi Arabia
- 15:59 Keaton Parks: "I'm happy to be able to do goal and assist"
- 15:32 Bayern Munich, formal offer for Harry Kane
- 15:23 Andrea Pirlo returns to Italy, signs with Sampdoria
- 13:28 Manchester City's Champions League win could impact NYCFC's future
- 12:00 James Sands Selected To Represent The USMNT At The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup
- 08:30 Lionel Messi lands in the MLS: pros and cons
- 23:48 Real Salt Lake vs NYCFC: one player unavailable for Cushing
- 23:46 NYCFC, Cushing: “We’re Desperate For The First Road Win"
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville