After an interminable match, LAFC proclaims itself champion of the MLS Cup 2022. For the first time LAFC wins the MLS after defeating Phildelphia Union in an epic match.
The game is decided on penalties where the absolute protagonist is John McCarthy who saves two penalties paving the way for LAFC to victory.
But before getting to penalties, everything really happens. LAFC scored the advantage with Acosta in the 28th minute. Philadelphia equalized in the 59th minute with Gazdag. In the final, the great emotions: Murillo puts LAFC ahead in the 83rd minute. Just two minutes pass and again Philadelphia settles the score with Elliott. We then go to the extra time.
At 116 'Murillo misses the back pass towards Crepeau, Burke goes on the ball and collides with the LAFC goalkeeper who remains on the ground and is forced to leave the field. Crepeau is expelled. McCarthy goes to goal and will then prove to be decisive.
At 124 'McCarthy saves LAFC but can do nothing about Elliott's close range. Phiadelphia again ahead, we are at the end of the game, in the fourth of the seven minutes assigned by the referee. The chill falls on the Banc of California, but Bale does not equalize with a great header in the 128th minute. We are on 3-3, we go to the penalties.
LAFC starts with Tello but his penalty is saved by Blake. Gazdag immediately had the opportunity to give Philadelphia the lead but slips when he hits the ball which ends up very high. LAFC took advantage of it with Bounaga who instead scored the penalty. From this moment on McCarthy becomes the protagonist. Before Martinez saves the penalty, LAFC makes no mistake with Hollingshead and McCarthy saves another penalty again, this time against Wagner.
The penalty of victory is of Illie who makes no mistake and sends LAFC into ecstasy as they win their first MLS Cup.
Other news - News
- 16:52 Three Keys of NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls
- 16:23 NYCFC 0-0 Red Bulls, Cushing: "Incredible atmosphere at Yankee Stadium"
- 01:20 The Knicks can sacrifice Immanuel Quickley for a star
- 00:01 Maxi Moralez: "I can't wait to be reunited with the fans"
- 23:00 Maxi Moralez back to NYCFC: "I couldn’t be more excited"
- 22:03 David Lee: "Maxi will bring leadership and experience to our group"
- 22:00 OFFICIAL - Maxi Moralez Returns to New York City Football Club
- 13:00 David Lee: "We're excited to integrate Fernandez into the team"
- 07:20 NYCFC Signs Argentinian Forward Julián Fernández
- 15:30 Bernardeschi can leave Toronto: there is interest from an Italian club
- 14:30 Los Angeles Galaxy crazy offer to Hriving Lozano
- 13:42 CR7: "Saudi Pro League is much better than the MLS"
- 18:44 NYCFC, failing season. The trend needs to be reversed
- 17:27 Birk Risa: "I'm happy to be here, I can't wait to get started"
- 15:39 OFFICIAL - NYCFC Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa
- 13:44 Taty Castellanos moves to Lazio
- 13:40 Inter Miami, Alba también se sumará al proyecto
- 23:36 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami, Gerardo Martino named new coach
- 22:58 Timothy Weah has landed in Turin, he will be a Juventus player
- 22:56 OFFICIAL - Kai Havertz is a new Arsenal player
- 15:30 Bayern Munich on Kane, there is an agreement on the contract but not the one with Tottenham
- 14:30 West Ham reject Arsenal's third offer for Rice. Manchester City are considering withdrawing from the auction
- 13:24 Mbappé at Real, the striker's mother-agent is the key: she will be the one to deal with PSG
- 19:15 OFFICIAL - "Welcome to Finnesota". Center forward Pukki restarts from MLS
- 19:13 OFFICIAL - Mateo Kovacic leaves Chelsea and signs with Man City
- 18:30 AC Milan wants Pulisic. Berhalter advises the US midfielder
- 18:00 West Ham: 100 million not enough for Declan Rice, rejected offers from Arsenal and Man City
- 17:30 Timothy Weah moves to Italy
- 17:00 NYCFC may pursue former Vancouver Whitecaps player
- 16:30 Antoine Griezmann wants to play in MLS and rejects the offer from Saudi Arabia
- 15:59 Keaton Parks: "I'm happy to be able to do goal and assist"
- 15:32 Bayern Munich, formal offer for Harry Kane
- 15:23 Andrea Pirlo returns to Italy, signs with Sampdoria
- 13:28 Manchester City's Champions League win could impact NYCFC's future
- 12:00 James Sands Selected To Represent The USMNT At The 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup
- 08:30 Lionel Messi lands in the MLS: pros and cons
- 23:48 Real Salt Lake vs NYCFC: one player unavailable for Cushing
- 23:46 NYCFC, Cushing: “We’re Desperate For The First Road Win"
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville