Nine New York City Football Club players, along with interim head coach Nick Cushing, were shortlisted for the 2022 MLS End of Year Awards.
Defender Alex Callens and striker Santiago Rodríguez were selected in two categories, while Sean Johnson, Tayvon Gray, Thiago Martins, Gabriel Pereira, Talles Magno, Keaton Parks and Anton Tinnerholm were also awarded for their efforts.
Callens was named alongside Rodríguez for Landon Donovan's MLS MVP as well as Defender of the Year.
Rodríguez earned a selection for the Young Player of the Year ballot. Sean Johnson was shortlisted for Allstate Goalkeeper of the Year, while Tayvon Gray was named Defender of the Year.
Thiago Martins and Gabriel Pereira have seen their debut season contributions noted with inclusion in the Newcomer of the Year.
Talles Magno joins Rodríguez in contenders for the Young Player of the Year award.
Keaton Parks and Anton Tinnerholm have been honored with Comeback Player of the Year nominations and Nick Cushing is in the running for the Sigi Schmid MLS Coach of the Year.
Other news - Focus
- 22:45 Berhalter: "We are proud of the result but our work is not finished yet"
- 22:41 England, Kane: "It wasn't our best match. Cynicism gone, go to Wales"
- 22:40 England, Maguire: "Collected a point that puts us in a strong position in the group"
- 20:58 A Rolls Royce as a gift for Saudi Arabian players after their victory over Argentina
- 19:00 ENGLAND vs USMNT: THE OFFICIAL LINE-UPS
- 17:50 Brazil report on Neymar: ligament injury, the Qatar 2022 group is already over for him
- 12:00 Where will Cristiano Ronaldo go? Inter Miami distances itself
- 10:42 The MLS commissioner: "Messi here would be fantastic. No news on CR7"
- 16:00 New York City FC, crazy idea 'Papu' Gomez!
- 15:00 Germany, Minister Faeser: "Infantino asked me about the 'One Love' headband"
- 14:00 NYCFC, concrete interest in Henry but increases competition
- 13:01 Monstrous offer from Saudi Arabia for Cristiano Ronaldo
- 12:00 PSG is on sale!
- 00:10 Rooney on CR7's farewell to Man United: "I'm not surprised. Too bad, I wish him the best"
- 23:38 Manchester United for sale, the richest man in England is ready to offer
- 22:47 Finish a Danish player's World Cup early
- 22:26 The complaint of the German coach Flick: "FIFA is silencing us"
- 21:55 World Cup Qatar 2022 - Belgium vs Canada, highlights (VIDEO)
- 21:46 World Cup Qatar 2022 - Morocco vs Croatia, highlights (VIDEO)
- 21:30 World Cup Qatar 2022 - Germany vs Japan, highlights (VIDEO)
- 21:20 Germany, Neuer: "Today was the most important match and we lost. We are under pressure"
- 21:09 World Cup Qatar 2022 - Spain vs Costa Rica, highlights (VIDEO)
- 20:39 FIFA opens an investigation against fans of Messio and Ecuador
- 19:00 OneLove band, still controversy: Denmark is considering leaving FIFA
- 18:00 Saudi Arabia wants to bring together Ronaldo and Messi in its league
- 17:00 Germany, the tweet against FIFA: "Denying us the armband is equivalent to denying us a voice"
- 16:02 Qatar 2022 - Incredible, Germany defeated by Japan
- 16:00 Guardiola explains renewal with City: "I have the feeling I can do even more"
- 15:40 Neuer gives up the armband. But the German Interior Minister wears it, next to Infantino
- 15:31 OFFICIAL - New York Red Bulls signing Cory Burke
- 15:00 England, ankle problem for Kane: he will have tests to understand the extent of the injury
- 14:24 Saudi Arabia fractures jaw and facial bones for Al-Shahrani. Already operated in Germany
- 12:30 The CR7 interviewer: "Without an interview, such a quick resolution with United is difficult"
- 11:25 OFFICIAL - Guardiola and Manchester City forward together, renewal until 30 June 2025
- 20:00 Forbidden armband, Green: "If everyone wears it, what happens, do they all get a yellow card?"
- 19:34 OFFICIAL - Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo leaves the Red Devils with immediate effect
- 19:00 Denmark, Kjaer: "Ridiculous not to use the armband"
- 18:00 De Roon against FIFA, photomontage with the banned armband: "OneLove for this victory"
- 17:28 Tehran restaurateur supports England against Iran: the regime closes his restaurant
- 16:30 Rainbow armband case, Kroos: "Not only footballers are puppets of FIFA and UEFA"
- 16:00 OFFICIAL - Austin FC, arrives Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez
- 15:30 OFFICIAL - DC United signs Pedro Santos
- 15:10 Argentina, Messi's first reaction: "Hard blow for everyone, we didn't expect it"
- 15:00 Band OneLove, harsh criticism in Holland. Van Dijk: "I'm a footballer, I don't risk a yellow card"
- 14:08 Argentina-Saudi Arabia, moments of panic in the final match
- 12:00 Another heavy injury at the World Cup: the star of Germany Sané also ko
- 02:00 England, Bellingham: "Scoring six goals at the World Cup is really impressive"
- 01:00 Qatar 2022, the former soccer player Alex Scott live with the rainbow band on his arm
- 00:38 USMNT, the victory is missed
- 00:27 USMNT vs Wales played FIFA23: Surprising result (VIDEO)
- 00:01 FIFA bans armband, Bierhoff: "We're frustrated, this is censorship. And our values remain"
- 23:44 Wales, Page: "Good at reacting after the disadvantage. Bale? He's never let us down"
- 23:24 USMNT, Berhalter: "Fighted match, we gave everything"
- 23:21 Wales, Bale: "Not good in the first half, then we did our best to equalize"
- 23:20 USMNT, thigh problem for McKennie
- 23:00 Van Dijk and the banned captain's armband: "In the next few days we'll see if we can do something differently"
- 22:28 USMNT, Weah: "I'm happy with the goal, but now we already have to think about the next match"
- 22:14 FIFA has asked Belgium to remove the 'love' lettering from the collar of its away shirt
- 19:30 #QATAR2022 - USMNT-WALES 1-1, THE GAME ENDS