Growing expectations and tension ahead of the debut of New York City FC in the new MLS season. The Blues want to make up for it after last season ended in the endless playoff challenge against Orlando City. We will find a profoundly changed team, with the farewell of many players who have made the history of the club. On the other hand, some fundamental pillars of the team have remained, just think of Chanot, Tinnerholm and Maxi Moralez, just to name a few. Ronny Deila will rely heavily on the 'old guard' for the upcoming season.
It won't be easy, but there is confidence around the team. Several new players have arrived who will not be available right away. Deila, at least for the first match against DC United, will rely on the most experienced players of the team. There will be no Heber who is following his path of recovery from the knee injury. Possible that Castellanos can find space, which will be supported by Tajouri-Shradi, Moralez and Medina. Sands will be the player to make a difference in Ring's orphaned midfield. Chanot will be the pivot of the defense, with Thórarinsson or the newcomer Gloster who will have the task of not making Matarrita regret.
New York City FC's preseason bodes well for next season. They are different games, but the start is positive. Now it will be the first real official match to give Deila the first answers on what will be the NYCFC season.
Other news - Focus
- 18:00 NYCFC, Deila: "James Sands is a coach's dream, just like Kieran Tierney"
- 17:09 NYCFC, James Sands joins Rangers on 18-month loan
- 21:00 NYCFC, Sims: "The return of the fans this year has been an incredible boost for our team and for the entire Club"
- 20:19 NYCFC, unveiled the first three games of MLS 2022
- 20:03 Sean Johnson best player in the Hudson River Derby: a reason for pride but also for concern
- 19:23 NYCFC, Ronny Deila under accusation: an immediate change of direction is needed
- 15:55 Ronny Deila: "We have lost three points, we can do better than that"
- 11:18 NYCFC 0-1 Red Bulls: the Blues defeated in the Hudson River Derby
- 00:17 NYCFC, Deila: "We are one, we are a family"
- 14:54 NYCFC, Ronny Deila prepares tactical changes in the Hudson River Derby
- 13:09 NYCFC, two heavy absences for Deila in view of the Hudson River Derby
- 14:32 FC Cincinnati 1-2 NYCFC: Match Highlights
- 13:33 FC Cincinnati 1-2 NYCFC: Taty Castellanos is immediately decisive
- 15:00 NYCFC, Ronny Deila: "We need to simplify the way we play"
- 14:00 New York City FC is ready to embrace Taty Castellanos again
- 10:44 NYCFC, two players out against FC Cincinnati
- 23:22 Deila: "“There's a big chance that Heber is back in the squad for the game"
- 22:29 NYCFC, Castellanos unavailable against FC Dallas. Ronny Deila evaluates the alternatives
- 19:00 NYCFC's Injury Report - Heber and Telles Magno out against Toronto FC
- 18:30 Ibeagha: "I will truly miss NYCFC"
- 18:08 OFFICIAL - New York City FC trades Sebastien Ibeagha to Los Angeles FC
- 22:44 Three NYCFC's players in the Team Of The Week
- 21:00 NYCFC, Ronny Deila finds a shining Taty Castellanos
- 20:00 Unforgettable day for Malte Amundsen: assist and first goal with NYCFC
- 19:12 NYCFC, interrupted the negative series against Orlando City
- 09:12 NYCFC 5-0 Orlando City SC: winning return of the Blues to the Bronx
- 23:05 NYCFC vs Orlando City: starting XI
- 21:01 NYCFC vs Orlando City: possibile starting XI
- 15:00 NYCFC vs Orlando City: no drops in concentration against Nani
- 14:19 NYCFC, four players out against Orlando City
- 22:30 NYCFC, Deila: "Cincinnati is a good soccer team"
- 21:53 NYCFC, Deila: "I don't want to see the team I saw last Saturday "
- 21:49 NYCFC Injury Report: Four absent for the home opener
- 19:51 NYCFC, Deila: "We are much stronger now than last year"
- 17:33 NYCFC injury report: six are the unavailable of Ronny Deila