The defeat of New York City FC against New York Red Bulls has thrown into despair not only the fans but also the team that is in danger of suffering a severe psychological backlash. New York City FC has lost the Hudson River Derby and is now also out of the playoffs. In the last eight games, Ronny Deila's team has won only once. The budget in the derby also weighs a lot: in the last three games played, NYCFC has won only one point.
On Sunday, Deila's team went behind after 3 minutes for the goal of Cristian Casseres Jr and failed to recover a game that could have given the decisive turning point in this season finale.
But New York City FC failed to react. Ronny Deila is now calling the team to stick together, even though there are only five games to go until the end of the regular season and reaching the playoffs now seems almost impossible.
Autore: Stefano Bentivogli
Other news - Focus
- 22:34 MLS statement on Lionel Messi and Inter Miami CF
- 21:54 OFFICIAL - Messi is a new player of Inter Miami FC
- 19:09 Messi's signing with Inter Miami FC
- 12:00 A new player could soon land in MLS
- 10:23 OFFICIAL - Inter Miami have parted ways with head coach Phil Neville
- 15:00 NYCFC must rebuild its fortress
- 13:30 NYCFC wants to get back to winning for their fans
- 12:00 NYCFC, Cushing: “We will definitely be rotating 100% in the coming weeks"
- 07:12 NYCFC, Cushing: "Ledezma is ok, Thiago Martins will not be available"
- 20:51 NYCFC, morale is down but not all is lost
- 19:59 New York City FC is called to the reaction
- 09:05 NYCFC, Nick Cushing could be sacked
- 23:22 New York City FC, the attack doesn't work, a no 9 is missing
- 22:30 Finally NYCFC returns home, an opportunity to return to winning
- 17:43 NYCFC on the mend but confirmation now needed
- 13:14 Gabe Segal is incredulous: "I still don't believe it"
- 19:14 NYCFC, worry about the physical and mental condition of the team
- 16:13 New York City FC, Nick Cushing is gambling his future
- 23:35 Santiago Rodriguez: "We need to start winning away"
- 00:19 NYCFC, Cushing. "Good mood but there is disappointment"
- 02:30 NYCFC, Luis Barraza proves to be an important part of the club
- 01:30 NYCFC, Sean Johnson's leadership in the team is missing
- 00:30 NYCFC, James Sands returns to talk about the defeat against Toronto FC
- 16:00 Cushing: "We have to solve the problem away from home"
- 14:00 NYCFC, the travel pain continues
- 12:00 Nick Cushing admits: "We didn't start the game well enough"
- 10:31 NYCFC defeated in Toronto: CJ Sapong's goal was decisive 1-0
- 21:46 Thiago Martins: "I feel the responsibility, I'm here to help everyone"
- 19:24 Cushing: "Barraza has become a leader of the squad"
- 19:21 Thiago Martins: "We have establish ourselves away from home"
- 02:00 Two NYCFC players in the MLS Team of the Matchday
- 01:00 Ledezma: "I fell good. I love New York, I feel at home here"
- 23:00 NYCFC, Cushing on James Sands: "He's available to play"
- 22:17 NYCFC, Nick Cushing: "We love our fans, they are the best in MLS"
- 23:18 Richy Ledezma shines in his first game as a starter
- 22:21 David Villa's emotion recalling his time at NYCFC with Andrea Pirlo
- 21:49 New York City FC wins thanks also to the surprise Luis Barraza
- 15:07 NYCFC, Cushing praises Sands: "His performance was flawless"
- 13:41 Cushing: "We are young but we have shown that we know how to suffer"
- 12:18 NYCFC 2-1 Nashville SC: the Blues get back to winning ways