NYCFC will donate 100,000 meals to South Bronx residents through NY Common Pantry toward the relief effort around the COVID-19 outbreak in New York, the club announced on Wednesday.
With the largest community-based food pantry in the city, and with a particular focus on the local homeless population, NY Common Pantry’s work delivering nutritious food to New Yorkers in need in one of the hardest-hit cities in the world is critical, now more than ever.
On top of the club’s direct donation to the South Bronx, NYCFC partners have galvanized to support NY Common Pantry. BodyArmor made a critical donation of beverages last month. Goya has committed a donation of goods to NY Common Pantry which will be delivered by Dumbo Moving and Storage given the current shortage of local ground support. Xylem will be matching all funds raised by their employees with a 2:1 donation over the coming weeks.
“New York Common Pantry is a lifesaving organization and we are proud to do anything we can to contribute to this important work and help our neighbors in the South Bronx stay connected, healthy and fed during this crisis," NYCFC CEO Brad Sims said in a statement. "This is a critical time for New York City, and we are committed to helping communities and individuals, who may need support.”
NYCFC has also partnered with the New York Yankees to create a $1.4 million COVID-19 disaster relief program for NYCFC game day staff.
Additionally, NYCFC has created a resource hub — Stay Healthy. Stay Home. — to connect fans, players and staff, and mobilize outreach for NY Common Pantry. The hub includes educational materials for families, workouts from players and coaches, contributions from chief culinary coach Marcus Samuelsson and club partners.
Altre notizie - News
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map
- 21:48 FC Cincinnati had contact with Dome Torrent for head coach, but no interview
- 15:00 Ronny Deila watching every 2019 match, learning Spanish during break
- 14:00 Ronald Matarrita: Costa Rica is the best team in Concacaf
- 19:00 NYCFC donates 100,000 meals to NY Common Pantry in coronavirus relief effort
- 18:27 NYCFC, An Update from Brad Sims
- 20:00 NYCFC helping with coronavirus impact close to home
- 19:39 NYCFC Meets with Ian Joy Powered by Cisco Webex | Ronny Deila
- 21:20 Major League Soccer Unveils 'MLS Unites'
- 20:56 Andrea Pirlo: "FC Barcelona is waiting for me"
- 10:05 Maxi Moralez: "We'll return to Bergamo"
- 18:17 NYCFC's Maxi Moralez, Valentin Castellanos and Jesus Medina follow stay-at-home orders together — literally
- 17:22 COVID-19: New Restrictions in NYC
- 16:36 Maxi trains with the family and also with Medina and Castellanos
- 23:36 NYCFC confirm first case of COVID-19 in club's sporting department
- 16:12 MLS extends season suspension in accordance with CDC guidance on COVID-19
- 14:16 Maxi Moralez is training with the family
- 22:00 Stop the MLS: let's try to explain the COVID-19
- 21:30 Johnson: "We had to make a result"
- 21:25 Concacaf suspends Champions League due to coronavirus
- 21:03 Deila: NYCFC abandon style against Tigres UANL in second half of CCL loss
- 19:47 Club Statement
- 16:55 MLS suspends 2020 season for 30 days in wake of coronavirus pandemic
- 13:00 New York City FC defeated by soccer law
- 12:00 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Ronny Deila Press Conference
- 11:07 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Match Recap
- 00:30 Efrain Juarez joins Deila and Mackay-Steven at New York City FC
- 00:01 Hoops hat-trick in New York