There is bitterness for New York City FC after their latest draw against Chicago. Chicago was a game that Torrent’s team had to win, and instead it ended in a draw. The Blues deserved to bring home the three points, but in the end New York won only one. The positive aspects, however, are not lacking. They’re still on a streak of positive results and have not lost in two months. It was an impressive result but does not coincide with the Blues ranking. Actually New York City FC has 19 points but in just 12 games played. DC United, the leader of the standing, has 25 points collected in 15 games played.
Between New York City and the top of the rankings, there are Philadelphia Union in the second place, New York Red Bulls third with the same amount of points as Montreal Impact and Atlanta United. They are all very strong teams that have already played more games than in New York. The Philadelphia Union in second place played two more games as well as New York Red Bulls that occupies the third place. In short, for New York there is the great opportunity to quickly climb the rankings and reach first place. But to succeed, New York City FC no longer has to lose points on the road. This immediately means going back to winning against the Columbus Crew in the next game scheduled, after the draw against the Chicago Fire.
Altre notizie - News
- 22:10 Full Team Training | Gary Mackay-Steven
- 21:59 Sean Johnson on NYCFC's MLS is Back Tournament group draw: We're not looking for excuses
- 15:00 Keaton Parks: "We're excited to get back and play again"
- 14:00 Deila Reaction to Group Stage Draw
- 22:46 Ronny Deila: It will be hard for NYCFC to keep James Sands from European offers
- 14:00 MLS is Back - The thoughts of Ronny Deila
- 07:56 MLS is Back Tournament - Maxi Moralez shares his thoughts
- 22:30 MLS is Back!
- 15:00 NYCFC is working on the second start of the MLS
- 14:00 The meteors passed in New York: Eloi Amagat
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map
- 21:48 FC Cincinnati had contact with Dome Torrent for head coach, but no interview
- 15:00 Ronny Deila watching every 2019 match, learning Spanish during break
- 14:00 Ronald Matarrita: Costa Rica is the best team in Concacaf
- 19:00 NYCFC donates 100,000 meals to NY Common Pantry in coronavirus relief effort
- 18:27 NYCFC, An Update from Brad Sims
- 20:00 NYCFC helping with coronavirus impact close to home
- 19:39 NYCFC Meets with Ian Joy Powered by Cisco Webex | Ronny Deila
- 21:20 Major League Soccer Unveils 'MLS Unites'
- 20:56 Andrea Pirlo: "FC Barcelona is waiting for me"
- 10:05 Maxi Moralez: "We'll return to Bergamo"
- 18:17 NYCFC's Maxi Moralez, Valentin Castellanos and Jesus Medina follow stay-at-home orders together — literally
- 17:22 COVID-19: New Restrictions in NYC
- 16:36 Maxi trains with the family and also with Medina and Castellanos