New York City FC will travel to Orlando, Florida on Tuesday morning, December 15, prior to the Club’s Concacaf Champions League quarterfinal match against Tigres UANL later that evening.
The Club was originally scheduled to depart for Florida on Sunday, December 13, but due to three players testing positive for COVID-19 during routine testing last week, the decision was made by NYCFC and Concacaf to adjust to same day travel out of an abundance of caution.
Following the original confirmed positive test, all players and staff underwent daily Rapid Point of Care (RPOC) testing and PCR testing which revealed two other positive tests.
The last positive test was returned on Friday and all other First Team players and staff have returned negative tests since then.
A fourth player has continued to test negative, but is deemed a close contact and will not travel to Orlando with the rest of the team.
Traveling roster and departure schedule is pending results of RPOC and PCR testing taking place today.
Should NYCFC progress to the semifinals, the team will remain in Orlando to isolate and conduct further testing under Concacaf protocol.
Other news - News
- 21:00 NYCFC, Sims: "The return of the fans this year has been an incredible boost for our team and for the entire Club"
- 20:19 NYCFC, unveiled the first three games of MLS 2022
- 20:03 Sean Johnson best player in the Hudson River Derby: a reason for pride but also for concern
- 19:23 NYCFC, Ronny Deila under accusation: an immediate change of direction is needed
- 15:55 Ronny Deila: "We have lost three points, we can do better than that"
- 11:18 NYCFC 0-1 Red Bulls: the Blues defeated in the Hudson River Derby
- 00:17 NYCFC, Deila: "We are one, we are a family"
- 14:54 NYCFC, Ronny Deila prepares tactical changes in the Hudson River Derby
- 13:09 NYCFC, two heavy absences for Deila in view of the Hudson River Derby
- 14:32 FC Cincinnati 1-2 NYCFC: Match Highlights
- 13:33 FC Cincinnati 1-2 NYCFC: Taty Castellanos is immediately decisive
- 15:00 NYCFC, Ronny Deila: "We need to simplify the way we play"
- 14:00 New York City FC is ready to embrace Taty Castellanos again
- 10:44 NYCFC, two players out against FC Cincinnati
- 23:22 Deila: "“There's a big chance that Heber is back in the squad for the game"
- 22:29 NYCFC, Castellanos unavailable against FC Dallas. Ronny Deila evaluates the alternatives
- 19:00 NYCFC's Injury Report - Heber and Telles Magno out against Toronto FC
- 18:30 Ibeagha: "I will truly miss NYCFC"
- 18:08 OFFICIAL - New York City FC trades Sebastien Ibeagha to Los Angeles FC
- 22:44 Three NYCFC's players in the Team Of The Week
- 21:00 NYCFC, Ronny Deila finds a shining Taty Castellanos
- 20:00 Unforgettable day for Malte Amundsen: assist and first goal with NYCFC
- 19:12 NYCFC, interrupted the negative series against Orlando City
- 09:12 NYCFC 5-0 Orlando City SC: winning return of the Blues to the Bronx
- 23:05 NYCFC vs Orlando City: starting XI
- 21:01 NYCFC vs Orlando City: possibile starting XI
- 15:00 NYCFC vs Orlando City: no drops in concentration against Nani
- 14:19 NYCFC, four players out against Orlando City
- 22:30 NYCFC, Deila: "Cincinnati is a good soccer team"
- 21:53 NYCFC, Deila: "I don't want to see the team I saw last Saturday "
- 21:49 NYCFC Injury Report: Four absent for the home opener
- 19:51 NYCFC, Deila: "We are much stronger now than last year"
- 17:33 NYCFC injury report: six are the unavailable of Ronny Deila