Head Coach Ronny Deila made a handful of changes to his lineup for this match, bringing back Ronald Matarrita, Alexandru Mitriță and Ismael Tajouri-Shradi.
Taty Castellanos held his spot up front following the unfortunate news that Héber will miss the rest of the season with a torn acl sustained vs. Toronto FC last time out.
Mitriță lined up as the no.10 in the continued absence of Maxi Moralez as the Boys in Blue sought a big response to the heartbreaking last minute defeat on Wednesday night.
FC Cincinnati had visited Red Bull Arena only two weeks prior for a match edged by NYC to the tune of a 2-1 scoreline.
On that occasion, City had to wait until the 39th minute to open the scoring but this time it was just 30 seconds in when Mitriță took a sublime first touch to put him through on goal where he smashed the ball into the bottom corner for the perfect start.
That put Mitri into the record books for NYCFC’s fastest-ever goal, outpacing Taty’s strike vs. FC Dallas in 2019 by nine seconds.
That early strike set the tone for a lightning start which continued and Deila’s side deservedly doubled their advantage on 25’ when Tinnerholm scored his third goal off the season off an assist from Tajouri-Shradi.
Tinnerholm cut inside from the byline and sidefooted past the goalkeeper to put him up next to Alex Ring on the top scorers list, making it 2-0 to the home team in the process.
There was a blow for NYCFC as halftime approached when Alex Ring was forced off with an injury on 39’, with Jesus Medina on to replace him and in the same minute Jurgen Locadia forced Sean Johnson into a top save with a vicious dipping free-kick.
However, NYC would not be denied another goal before halftime and it was Mitri who doubled his tally with another drill into the bottom corner, this time from a brilliant first MLS assist from James Sands, who drove at the Cincinnati defense and picked out his Romanian teammate for the finish.
With the points all but secured at halftime and after three games in a week, it was unsurprising that the intensity dipped a little after the interval but there was still time for a fourth goal to put the cherry on top.
Jesus Medina got it late on with a deflected free-kick to make it 4-0 and give his side the kind of scoreline their dominance warranted.
Altre notizie - News
- 23:33 New York City FC selected Di Rosa and Latinovich
- 16:00 Former NYCFC Mix Diskerud joins the Denizlispor
- 15:00 New York City FC, Franco Cervi refuses transfer to the Blues
- 14:18 Injury to Sean Johnson forced to leave the USMNT training camp
- 23:14 New York City FC dismantled: it will be a tough season
- 22:57 City Football Group adds Bolivia's Club Bolivar as partner club
- 21:54 After Gomez even Ribery has been linked to NYCFC
- 16:31 NYCFC's Joe Scally makes move to Borussia Monchengladbach
- 22:02 Messi to MLS: bought a family apartment in Miami
- 20:00 Almeyda: "MLS wolud be the right league for Messi"
- 19:00 Papu Gomez linked to New York City FC
- 18:25 NYCFC, 2020 is a year of bitterness for fans
- 18:30 New York City FC, team weakened on the pitch and in the locker room
- 18:00 NYCFC's Alexandru Mitrita scores again in loan stint with Saudi Arabia's Al-Ahli
- 17:01 Austin FC sign former NYCFC goalkeeper Brad Stuver
- 22:48 Messi: "I always had the illusion of living in the US"
- 15:00 David Beckham tries to convince Messi to play for Inter Miami
- 14:00 New York City FC option for the future of Leo Messi
- 23:30 Keaton Parks Named NYCFC’s Young Player of the Year for 2020
- 23:00 Sean Johnson Named NYCFC’s Defensive Player of the Year for 2020
- 23:42 Austin FC, Reyna: "Ring will be a great addition to our club"
- 23:32 New York City FC, the Ring trade is a non sense choice
- 21:15 Sean Johnson out for Concacaf Champions League match against Tigres
- 21:07 Tigres UANL vs. NYCFC - Taty Castellanos Preview
- 21:05 Tigres UANL vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 22:13 Orlando City Goalkeeper Mason Stajduhar Loaned to NYCFC
- 22:12 New York City FC Announces Travel Plans for the Resumption of 2020 Concacaf Champions League
- 23:00 Stuver's emotional message after leaving NYCFC
- 22:39 NYCFC, Surgery for Alex Ring
- 17:36 NYCFC, exercise options for 5 players. Brad Stuver leaves NY
- 22:15 Sean Johnson: "Thanks to all the supporters who stuck with us through this challenging year"
- 21:51 New York City FC, Tinnerholm expressed his feelings
- 23:47 New York City FC, need to grow mentally and be more concrete
- 23:38 NYCFC, former intern describes sexual harassment allegations against David Villa
- 18:00 Tinnerholm: "It is brutal to lose this way"
- 17:00 Parks: "We deserved the victory"
- 16:00 Ronny Deila: "I'm devasteted"
- 15:30 New York City FC defeated: team without personality
- 15:00 NEW POLL - Orlando City 6 - 5 New York City FC: is it the worst defeat in the history of the Blues?
- 14:00 Orlando City (6) 1-1 (5) NYCFC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 00:01 What happened in the Orlando City vs. NYCFC penalty shootout? Here are the official explanations from PRO