New York City FC today announced Efraín Juárez has joined the Club as part of Ronny Deila’s staff.
A former Mexican international, Juárez played for Deila at Norwegian club Vålerenga in 2019. During his 11-year professional career, Juárez played for Celtic FC and Real Zaragoza in Europe, as well as stints in his native Mexico at UNAM, Club América, and CF Monterrey.
Juárez is familiar with MLS having spent the 2018 season with Vancouver Whitecaps FC, making 16 appearances.
Juárez said: “The opportunity to be reunited with Ronny was an easy decision for me and I am very excited to join NYCFC. I am so grateful to everyone here, especially to Ronny and David Lee. I can’t think of a better club to be at as I begin this new chapter of my professional career.
“I’m looking forward to passing on my experiences as a player and I hope this will be a valuable asset in helping to develop our players into the best professionals they can be. Off the pitch, I’m looking forward to working with our coaching and technical staff to implement individual development plans so the players can reach their on-pitch goals and the objectives that we set for them.”
Born in Mexico City, the former midfielder and defender spent time in the youth academy at UNAM and the famed La Masia academy at FC Barcelona. Juárez made his debut for the Mexican national team in 2009, eventually making 39 appearances including at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Altre notizie - Focus
- 16:00 NYCFC, a mountain to climb
- 15:00 Alexander Ring, 100 in NYCFC
- 14:00 New York City FC, Qualification Hopes
- 13:00 Finally good news for NYCFC: Maxi Moralez can return against Inter Miami
- 16:00 VIDEO - The perfect Half-Volley of Jesus Medina
- 15:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City - Press Conference of Ronny Deila
- 14:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City - Medina Reaction
- 13:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City, Sean Johnson Reaction
- 08:00 Match Recap - NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City
- 15:00 Tinnerholm: The next game will be crucial for us
- 14:00 New York City FC Academy Director Liam Manning to Become Head Coach of Lommel SK
- 15:00 NYCFC, Luckless Concession
- 14:00 New York City FC, A Narrow Loss
- 13:00 New York City FC: All Change
- 01:00 Tinnerholm: Its frustrating to not score the goals
- 00:16 NYCFC face "must-win" game against Orlando City SC after loss to Philadelphia Union
- 13:00 Ibeagha and Rocha are questionable for the game against Philadelphia
- 12:00 NYCFC stadium search slowed by COVID-19: "It just wasn’t anyone’s top priority"
- 22:10 Full Team Training | Gary Mackay-Steven
- 21:59 Sean Johnson on NYCFC's MLS is Back Tournament group draw: We're not looking for excuses
- 15:00 Keaton Parks: "We're excited to get back and play again"
- 14:00 Deila Reaction to Group Stage Draw
- 22:46 Ronny Deila: It will be hard for NYCFC to keep James Sands from European offers
- 14:00 MLS is Back - The thoughts of Ronny Deila
- 07:56 MLS is Back Tournament - Maxi Moralez shares his thoughts
- 22:30 MLS is Back!
- 15:00 NYCFC is working on the second start of the MLS
- 14:00 The meteors passed in New York: Eloi Amagat
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map