New York City FC announced that the Club has moved four regular season games to Citi Field for the upcoming 2020 MLS season. The decision eliminates four midweek games, in favor of weekend matches, and minimizes congestion throughout the season. Not only does this move provide a more competitive schedule for players, it also provides a more convenient one for fans to attend games within the five boroughs.
Citi Field is a familiar setting for NYCFC having served as an alternate venue on two previous occasions. The match day experience will replicate Yankee Stadium with an exciting lineup of theme nights and special in-game elements to be announced in the near future. In addition, Fan Fest activations, including block parties and pep rallies with live entertainment for all ages, will be held prior to all matches at Citi Field.
The Citi Field Series matches will take place on:
Sunday, April 26
Saturday, July 25
Saturday, August 8
Saturday, September 26
New York City FC CEO Brad Sims said: “We are committed to delivering the best fan experience to our dedicated and passionate supporters and we have heard from them that midweek games are less convenient than weekend matchups. Additionally, we believe that reducing the number of occasions where we play three games in eight days will be a great competitive benefit for our players. While Yankee Stadium remains our home, Citi Field has emerged as an incredible alternative venue for us and moving four dates from midweek to weekends is the best option for our fans and players alike.
“The atmosphere created by our fans at Citi Field has been really special recreating the home field advantage we enjoy at Yankee Stadium. We hope this more balanced schedule will provide further flexibility and value for our fans and we are excited to play more games in front of our passionate and loyal fanbase in Queens.”
Sporting Director David Lee said: “Moving these fixtures to Citi Field will create a more balanced schedule which allows our team additional recovery time and preparation days ahead of key league matchups. I know our players have greatly enjoyed the experience and atmosphere created by our fans at Citi Field in the past and we’re looking forward to playing there in the 2020 season.”
The full 2020 MLS schedule will be announced in the coming days.
Altre notizie - Focus
- 23:00 Tinnerholm is decisive: he is the leader of New York
- 21:35 Ronny Deila expressed his satisfaction with the victory against FC Cincinnati
- 19:57 NYCFC, a growing concern for injured Maxi Moralez
- 18:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Mackay-Steven Reaction
- 16:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Tinnerholm Reaction
- 14:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Ronny Reaction on the injuries of Matarrita and Maxi
- 12:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Highlights
- 10:26 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Match Recap
- 23:00 NYCFC Announces Latest Support for South Bronx during COVID-19
- 22:18 NYCFC vs. FC Cincinnati - Ronny Deila Preview
- 08:26 Justin Haak Joins Hartford Athletic on Season-Long Loan
- 14:00 Seitz makes 4 saves, DC United ties NYCFC 0-0 without a shot
- 12:00 New York City FC little cynical and unlucky
- 10:00 DC United 0, New York City FC 0 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
- 08:10 D.C. United 0-0 NYCFC - Match Recap
- 18:00 James Sands at risk of disqualification
- 16:00 New York City FC - Only two absent against DC United
- 14:00 DC UNITED vs NYCFC: PROBABLE STARTING XI
- 23:30 Bruce Arena: NYCFC the best team we've played this year
- 22:39 Messi's arrival at New York City FC is postponed
- 23:30 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Joe Scally's Reaction
- 23:00 NE Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Héber Reaction
- 22:23 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 16:00 Fagundez: "We need to learn from" loss to New York City FC
- 14:00 Turner: "We were physically just dominated all night"
- 12:00 Arena: "On the night we were thoroughly outplayed"
- 10:00 New England Revolution 0, New York City FC 2 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
- 08:21 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Match Recap
- 16:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Keaton Parks Preview
- 15:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 13:00 NYCFC, offer to Benfica for Cristian Lema
- 22:30 Tinnerholm: "We don't have to think we are the best"
- 21:19 Ronny Deila relies on Maxi Moralez for the third win in a row of NYCFC
- 18:43 Arena | "We're going to anticipate some changes on Wednesday" vs. NYCFC
- 19:00 New York City FC finds the best Anton Tinnerholm
- 17:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Maxi Moralez Reaction
- 15:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Tinnerholm Reaction
- 13:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 21:48 Maxi Moralez is back and NYCFC is amazing
- 20:59 Breaking News: Messi's future first in Manchester then in New York
- 18:00 New York veterans make the Blues shine again
- 17:00 New York City FC vs. Chicago Fire FC - MLS Highlights
- 16:00 With Maxi Moralez back, NYCFC play best 45 minutes of season in 3-1 win over Chicago Fire FC
- 14:26 Messi does not show up for the Barça tests. NYCFC and MLS continue to pray
- 08:19 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire - Match Recap
- 21:30 A British reporter puts Messi away from NYCFC
- 21:00 NYCFC vs Chicago Fire: Here's how it went last time
- 20:36 Johnson: "We are always on the front line"
- 15:00 Lionel Messi expected to break silence amid NYCFC rumors
- 13:00 Tajouri-Shradi and Maxi Moralez have recovered from their injuries
- 19:02 MLS Report: Lionel Messi move to NYCFC part of Manchester City contract offer
- 16:15 Sundas: “Messi wants join NYCFC”
- 15:17 Leo Messi can finish his career at NYCFC