The Columbus Crew and New York City FC traded blows for 90 minutes in central Ohio on Saturday night, eventually settling for an entertaining 2-2 draw.
The Crew were the first to strike, as US international Gyasi Zardes kept his cool from the penalty spot in the 28th minute after Alexander Callens bundled over Pedro Santos in the NYCFC area.
The home side held their lead until the half, but it was NYCFC's turn in the 57th minute. Hebercontinued the impressive start to his NYCFC career when he capitalized on an errant — but ultimately fortuitous — touch from teammate Ismael Tajouri-Shradi that put him in on goal to coolly slot past departing Crew 'keeper Zack Steffen, playing his final game for Columbus.
The home side struck back four minutes later thanks to some strong play from both of its wingers. New arrival David Accam pulled a nifty move to get past Alex Ring in the NYCFC midfield before sliding the ball across to a wide-open Santos for the finish past Sean Johnson.
NYCFC would get the last laugh with the best goal of the bunch with 15 minutes remaining. Ring won the ball high up the field and found Valentin Castellanos about 30 yards from the the Crew goal. After taking a touch, the 20-year-old Argentine uncorked a stunning shot to beat Steffen and nestle in the side netting for his third goal of 2019, allowing NYCFC to leave MAPFRE Stadium with a share of the spoils.
Altre notizie - News
- 16:00 NYCFC, a mountain to climb
- 15:00 Alexander Ring, 100 in NYCFC
- 14:00 New York City FC, Qualification Hopes
- 13:00 Finally good news for NYCFC: Maxi Moralez can return against Inter Miami
- 16:00 VIDEO - The perfect Half-Volley of Jesus Medina
- 15:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City - Press Conference of Ronny Deila
- 14:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City - Medina Reaction
- 13:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City, Sean Johnson Reaction
- 08:00 Match Recap - NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City
- 15:00 Tinnerholm: The next game will be crucial for us
- 14:00 New York City FC Academy Director Liam Manning to Become Head Coach of Lommel SK
- 15:00 NYCFC, Luckless Concession
- 14:00 New York City FC, A Narrow Loss
- 13:00 New York City FC: All Change
- 01:00 Tinnerholm: Its frustrating to not score the goals
- 00:16 NYCFC face "must-win" game against Orlando City SC after loss to Philadelphia Union
- 13:00 Ibeagha and Rocha are questionable for the game against Philadelphia
- 12:00 NYCFC stadium search slowed by COVID-19: "It just wasn’t anyone’s top priority"
- 22:10 Full Team Training | Gary Mackay-Steven
- 21:59 Sean Johnson on NYCFC's MLS is Back Tournament group draw: We're not looking for excuses
- 15:00 Keaton Parks: "We're excited to get back and play again"
- 14:00 Deila Reaction to Group Stage Draw
- 22:46 Ronny Deila: It will be hard for NYCFC to keep James Sands from European offers
- 14:00 MLS is Back - The thoughts of Ronny Deila
- 07:56 MLS is Back Tournament - Maxi Moralez shares his thoughts
- 22:30 MLS is Back!
- 15:00 NYCFC is working on the second start of the MLS
- 14:00 The meteors passed in New York: Eloi Amagat
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map