City Football Group, the global soccer conglomerate that owns and operates New York City FC as well as Manchester City and several other clubs around the world, announced a hefty new equity investment from California-based private equity firm Silver Lake on Wednesday.
The deal brings $500 million to CFG, “equivalent to just over 10% of the company’s post-investment value,” according to a CFG release, which equates to a whopping $4.8 billion valuation of CFG as a whole.
With their investment, Silver Lake become CFG’s second major partner in the group, joining a consortium of Chinese investors led by media and entertainment giant CMC Inc. which holds about 12% of the soccer empire’s equity. Silver Lake’s managing director Egon Durban also gets a seat on the CFG board.
“Silver Lake is a global leader in technology investing, and we are delighted by both the validation that their investment in CFG represents, and the opportunities for further growth that their partnership brings,” said CFG chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak in a statement.
“We and Silver Lake share the strong belief in the opportunities being presented by the convergence of entertainment, sports and technology and the resulting ability for CFG to generate long-term growth and new revenue streams globally.”
According to Al Mubarak, the new injection of capital will be used “to fund international business growth opportunities and develop further CFG technology and infrastructure assets.”
Owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, CFG operate Man City, NYCFC, Australia's Melbourne City FC, Japanese club Yokohama F Marinos, Spain's Girona, CA Torque in Uruguay and China's Sichuan Jiuniu, along with assorted other properties and partnerships.
Altre notizie - News
- 16:00 NYCFC, a mountain to climb
- 15:00 Alexander Ring, 100 in NYCFC
- 14:00 New York City FC, Qualification Hopes
- 13:00 Finally good news for NYCFC: Maxi Moralez can return against Inter Miami
- 16:00 VIDEO - The perfect Half-Volley of Jesus Medina
- 15:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City - Press Conference of Ronny Deila
- 14:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City - Medina Reaction
- 13:00 NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City, Sean Johnson Reaction
- 08:00 Match Recap - NYCFC 1-3 Orlando City
- 15:00 Tinnerholm: The next game will be crucial for us
- 14:00 New York City FC Academy Director Liam Manning to Become Head Coach of Lommel SK
- 15:00 NYCFC, Luckless Concession
- 14:00 New York City FC, A Narrow Loss
- 13:00 New York City FC: All Change
- 01:00 Tinnerholm: Its frustrating to not score the goals
- 00:16 NYCFC face "must-win" game against Orlando City SC after loss to Philadelphia Union
- 13:00 Ibeagha and Rocha are questionable for the game against Philadelphia
- 12:00 NYCFC stadium search slowed by COVID-19: "It just wasn’t anyone’s top priority"
- 22:10 Full Team Training | Gary Mackay-Steven
- 21:59 Sean Johnson on NYCFC's MLS is Back Tournament group draw: We're not looking for excuses
- 15:00 Keaton Parks: "We're excited to get back and play again"
- 14:00 Deila Reaction to Group Stage Draw
- 22:46 Ronny Deila: It will be hard for NYCFC to keep James Sands from European offers
- 14:00 MLS is Back - The thoughts of Ronny Deila
- 07:56 MLS is Back Tournament - Maxi Moralez shares his thoughts
- 22:30 MLS is Back!
- 15:00 NYCFC is working on the second start of the MLS
- 14:00 The meteors passed in New York: Eloi Amagat
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map