Pedro is being targeted by Vissel Kobe as the Chelsea attacker explores his options to leave Stamford Bridge in the near future after falling out of favour under Frank Lampard.
The 32-year-old, who has played just 12 games for Chelsea this season and has only six months left on his contract, has further interest from two Major League Soccer clubs Inter Miami and New York City FC.
Kobe have previously signed high-profile names such as David Villa, Andres Iniesta and Thomas Vermaelen, while Fernando Torres also moved to Japan to play for Sagan Tosu in a bid to boost the J League over the coming seasons.
Pedro would be the latest star name to arrive in the ambitious league, while he would be regarded as a designated player in the United States if he moved to MLS.
Inter Miami, the club co-owned by David Beckham, have talked up the lifestyle opportunities in Florida for Pedro and the high numbers of Spanish speakers in the city as they look to fill their DP spots.
There is further interest from teams in bringing him back to Spain, although that is not from the elite clubs in La Liga after Pedro admitted to being keen on a return to Barcelona.
Chelsea boss Lampard has talked about his desire to keep Pedro but MLS clubs will give him a chance to leave west London after the January transfer deadline with the US window running from February 12 until March 5.
“He is part of my plans, I started the season and he was in my team, and then, unfortunately, he got injured at Norwich before the game, and I had to make a change. Then he was out for a while, and I do have competition in that area," Lampard recently told reporters at Cobham Training Centre.
"He has had bits here and there, I know he wants more games, I get that. But he certainly has something that he can contribute here with his experience and his ability to break lines and run behind people and maybe get those goals in and around the box.
"He is here, I know his contract is up at the end of the season but I am not even looking that far ahead. He is here, he is part of the squad and I need everybody because football can change very quickly. There can be a period of games where you are on the bench, out of the squad, something changes and that is the moment that you have to come in and produce.
"I have got no winners in this game, I want the club to be the winner. People come in and do well; they stay in the team."
Chelsea have only sanctioned the exit of Olivier Giroud thus far in January, with the France striker in advanced talks to join Inter.
Altre notizie - Transfermarkt
- 23:00 Tinnerholm is decisive: he is the leader of New York
- 21:35 Ronny Deila expressed his satisfaction with the victory against FC Cincinnati
- 19:57 NYCFC, a growing concern for injured Maxi Moralez
- 18:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Mackay-Steven Reaction
- 16:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Tinnerholm Reaction
- 14:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Ronny Reaction on the injuries of Matarrita and Maxi
- 12:00 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Highlights
- 10:26 NYCFC 2-1 FC Cincinnati - Match Recap
- 23:00 NYCFC Announces Latest Support for South Bronx during COVID-19
- 22:18 NYCFC vs. FC Cincinnati - Ronny Deila Preview
- 08:26 Justin Haak Joins Hartford Athletic on Season-Long Loan
- 14:00 Seitz makes 4 saves, DC United ties NYCFC 0-0 without a shot
- 12:00 New York City FC little cynical and unlucky
- 10:00 DC United 0, New York City FC 0 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
- 08:10 D.C. United 0-0 NYCFC - Match Recap
- 18:00 James Sands at risk of disqualification
- 16:00 New York City FC - Only two absent against DC United
- 14:00 DC UNITED vs NYCFC: PROBABLE STARTING XI
- 23:30 Bruce Arena: NYCFC the best team we've played this year
- 22:39 Messi's arrival at New York City FC is postponed
- 23:30 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Joe Scally's Reaction
- 23:00 NE Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Héber Reaction
- 22:23 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 16:00 Fagundez: "We need to learn from" loss to New York City FC
- 14:00 Turner: "We were physically just dominated all night"
- 12:00 Arena: "On the night we were thoroughly outplayed"
- 10:00 New England Revolution 0, New York City FC 2 | 2020 MLS Match Recap
- 08:21 New England Revolution 0-2 NYCFC - Match Recap
- 16:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Keaton Parks Preview
- 15:00 New England Revolution vs. NYCFC - Ronny Deila Preview
- 13:00 NYCFC, offer to Benfica for Cristian Lema
- 22:30 Tinnerholm: "We don't have to think we are the best"
- 21:19 Ronny Deila relies on Maxi Moralez for the third win in a row of NYCFC
- 18:43 Arena | "We're going to anticipate some changes on Wednesday" vs. NYCFC
- 19:00 New York City FC finds the best Anton Tinnerholm
- 17:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Maxi Moralez Reaction
- 15:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Tinnerholm Reaction
- 13:00 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire FC - Ronny Deila Reaction
- 21:48 Maxi Moralez is back and NYCFC is amazing
- 20:59 Breaking News: Messi's future first in Manchester then in New York
- 18:00 New York veterans make the Blues shine again
- 17:00 New York City FC vs. Chicago Fire FC - MLS Highlights
- 16:00 With Maxi Moralez back, NYCFC play best 45 minutes of season in 3-1 win over Chicago Fire FC
- 14:26 Messi does not show up for the Barça tests. NYCFC and MLS continue to pray
- 08:19 NYCFC 3-1 Chicago Fire - Match Recap
- 21:30 A British reporter puts Messi away from NYCFC
- 21:00 NYCFC vs Chicago Fire: Here's how it went last time
- 20:36 Johnson: "We are always on the front line"
- 15:00 Lionel Messi expected to break silence amid NYCFC rumors
- 13:00 Tajouri-Shradi and Maxi Moralez have recovered from their injuries
- 19:02 MLS Report: Lionel Messi move to NYCFC part of Manchester City contract offer
- 16:15 Sundas: “Messi wants join NYCFC”
- 15:17 Leo Messi can finish his career at NYCFC