Five starts, four Heineken Man of the Match awards, three goals, two assists, one Héber.
NYCFC has gone 4-0-3 since the Brazilian began his campaign for the City with his presence playing a huge role in transforming results at this early stage of Season 5.
But don't take our word for it. Doménec Torrent spoke highly of his striker after a 2-0 road win against LA Galaxy in which Héber scored his third goal of the season.
“We didn’t start well, maybe we deserved more," said Torrent. "A key player arrived for us you know, Héber, and it is not about his scoring, it is about when you are in trouble, you can pass the ball to him and he has the quality to keep the ball, create spaces, he is a good player for us and everybody is better when he is playing.”
Héber is filling the role of a true number 9 that NYCFC had lacked since the departure of David Villa. The striker, who had been keeping up with the team's season, knew he had big shoes to fill.
"Before I came it was David Villa who scored for the team, it’s not easy when you come and you have a player like that before you, " Héber told reporters. "I know that Villa left but I don’t put the pressure in myself because you need to work, you need to work all training everyday, you need to give everything. When you give everything the goals come and the wins come for the team, that’s it.”
The work he puts in at training has gone a long way, Héber has been a game changer. His speed, ability to hold up the ball, and score goals has been the edge that NYCFC's offense needed.
"I work hard. You know, everyone also, Isma, Taty, Maxi, and everyone on the team started playing better in this formation and everyone started scoring so it’s good for us,” said Héber.
The Boys in Blue have found their rhythm and their number nine in Héber, they are now equipped with back-to-back road wins, 18 points, and the fourth spot on the table in the Eastern Conference. The upward trajectory is just the beginning for the City boys...
With a week off before heading to Chicago on May 25, the squad will be well rested and ready to fight for yet another road win before heading home on June 6. Don't miss out on your chance to celebrate NYCFC's Pride Night as we gear up to face off against FC Cincinnati for the first time!
Altre notizie - News
- 14:00 MLS Players Association Approves Restart Plan
- 13:00 Plan set for MLS return to full team training with testing ahead of season restart
- 21:24 Sean Johnson on Hudson River Derby, players he most wants to beat
- 18:53 New York Governor Cuomo: "Encourage major sports to plan for reopening"
- 22:00 Why Jack Harrison saw NYCFC as his best bet to get back home to England
- 21:48 David Villa's MVP talent, everyman work ethic put NYCFC on the map
- 21:48 FC Cincinnati had contact with Dome Torrent for head coach, but no interview
- 15:00 Ronny Deila watching every 2019 match, learning Spanish during break
- 14:00 Ronald Matarrita: Costa Rica is the best team in Concacaf
- 19:00 NYCFC donates 100,000 meals to NY Common Pantry in coronavirus relief effort
- 18:27 NYCFC, An Update from Brad Sims
- 20:00 NYCFC helping with coronavirus impact close to home
- 19:39 NYCFC Meets with Ian Joy Powered by Cisco Webex | Ronny Deila
- 21:20 Major League Soccer Unveils 'MLS Unites'
- 20:56 Andrea Pirlo: "FC Barcelona is waiting for me"
- 10:05 Maxi Moralez: "We'll return to Bergamo"
- 18:17 NYCFC's Maxi Moralez, Valentin Castellanos and Jesus Medina follow stay-at-home orders together — literally
- 17:22 COVID-19: New Restrictions in NYC
- 16:36 Maxi trains with the family and also with Medina and Castellanos
- 23:36 NYCFC confirm first case of COVID-19 in club's sporting department
- 16:12 MLS extends season suspension in accordance with CDC guidance on COVID-19
- 14:16 Maxi Moralez is training with the family
- 22:00 Stop the MLS: let's try to explain the COVID-19
- 21:30 Johnson: "We had to make a result"
- 21:25 Concacaf suspends Champions League due to coronavirus
- 21:03 Deila: NYCFC abandon style against Tigres UANL in second half of CCL loss
- 19:47 Club Statement
- 16:55 MLS suspends 2020 season for 30 days in wake of coronavirus pandemic
- 13:00 New York City FC defeated by soccer law
- 12:00 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Ronny Deila Press Conference
- 11:07 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Match Recap
- 00:30 Efrain Juarez joins Deila and Mackay-Steven at New York City FC
- 00:01 Hoops hat-trick in New York