Celtic flop Efrain Juarez has joined former Hoops boss Ronny Deila at New York City FC as part of his backroom staff.
The Mexican spent two years at Parkhead but struggled to make a serious impact before leaving for Club América after being farmed out on loan to Real Zaragoza.
Deila, on the other hand, helped Celts to two Premiership titles and a Scottish League Cup victory.
The pair, while they didn't cross paths in Glasgow, did work together previously during Deila's second managerial stint in Norway at Valerenga.
READ MORE: Ex-Celtic manager Ronny Deila reunites with former Hoops star as he's confirmed as New York City head coach
Juarez on joining NYCFC told the club website: "The opportunity to be reunited with Ronny was an easy decision for me and I am very excited to join NYCFC. I am so grateful to everyone here, especially to Ronny and David Lee [Sporting Director]. I can’t think of a better club to be at as I begin this new chapter of my professional career."
Deila added: "I’m really happy to welcome Efraín into our staff and it’s great to be reunited after working with him in Norway. He knows what it takes to be a professional player at the highest level, and he will bring great experience and energy as he works closely with our players to help them develop every day.
"I’m excited for him to join us and I’m confident he’ll make an immediate impact."
Juarez made 18 appearances for Celtic during his spell at the champions, scoring twice.
He joins Deila and fellow former Celt Gary Mackay-Steven.
Altre notizie - News
- 21:20 Major League Soccer Unveils 'MLS Unites'
- 20:56 Andrea Pirlo: "FC Barcelona is waiting for me"
- 10:05 Maxi Moralez: "We'll return to Bergamo"
- 18:17 NYCFC's Maxi Moralez, Valentin Castellanos and Jesus Medina follow stay-at-home orders together — literally
- 17:22 COVID-19: New Restrictions in NYC
- 16:36 Maxi trains with the family and also with Medina and Castellanos
- 23:36 NYCFC confirm first case of COVID-19 in club's sporting department
- 16:12 MLS extends season suspension in accordance with CDC guidance on COVID-19
- 14:16 Maxi Moralez is training with the family
- 22:00 Stop the MLS: let's try to explain the COVID-19
- 21:30 Johnson: "We had to make a result"
- 21:25 Concacaf suspends Champions League due to coronavirus
- 21:03 Deila: NYCFC abandon style against Tigres UANL in second half of CCL loss
- 19:47 Club Statement
- 16:55 MLS suspends 2020 season for 30 days in wake of coronavirus pandemic
- 13:00 New York City FC defeated by soccer law
- 12:00 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Ronny Deila Press Conference
- 11:07 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Match Recap
- 00:30 Efrain Juarez joins Deila and Mackay-Steven at New York City FC
- 00:01 Hoops hat-trick in New York
- 23:30 Deila: “Our supporters can make the difference”
- 22:30 NYCFC, Squad Goals
- 21:30 City Support
- 20:30 Animals on the Loose
- 19:42 Injury Report: All Clear for Leg One
- 19:40 NYCFC, New Level
- 23:00 Castellanos: "Our fans are great, they are coming out"
- 22:40 Deila: "Fans Can Make the Difference vs. Tigres"
- 22:20 David Lee: "We're excited to welcome Efraìn"
- 22:00 Deila on Juàrez: "He will bring experience and energy"
- 21:45 NYCFC vs. Tigres UANL - Press Conference of Deila and Castellanos
- 21:39 Ronny Deila Adds Efraín Juárez to Staff
- 02:00 Deila: "I'm looking forward at the game of Wednesday"
- 01:00 Toronto FC vs. NYCFC - Grudge Match
- 00:01 Ronny Deila: "We're much better in the second half"
- 23:32 New York City FC, No Panic
- 21:00 CCL sellout at Red Bull Arena
- 20:00 Heber struggles after first-game flurry
- 19:03 Toronto FC’s Richie Laryea torments New York City FC and Ronald Matarrita again