Head Coach Ronny Deila has revealed his delight that a good crowd is expected for Wednesday night’s Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League quarterfinal first leg vs. Tigres.
With tickets for the lower bowl of Red Bull Arena snapped up by supporters excited for City’s first last eight clash in the tournament, Deila believes that the atmosphere could make all the difference.
NYCFC are taking on a side who’ve made the Champions League finals for three years out of the last four years, so is under no illusions that his side are slight underdogs, but he’s backing his team to perform.
Deila told reporters at his press conference: “It’s great news, I’m happy the supporters will be here - that our fans show up and support us. They’re going to be so important for us and we're just looking forward to get out tomorrow and play because I think it's going to be a great game between two good teams and a great atmosphere.”
Ronny continued: “As I said before, we're looking forward to the game. This is a big game for us. Of course, Tigres is the favorites but we know what we can do when we are at our best and we will do everything we can to be there tomorrow.”
Ronny was left frustrated by a 1-0 road defeat to Toronto on Saturday and he’s called upon his side to raise their “bottom level” in order to advance to the Champions League semifinals.
“Of course Tigres is a very good football team,” Ronny said, “The Mexican league is good, so it's going to be tough but at the same time you see opportunities.
“We need for our bottom level to be higher, because our top level is good. It’s about performance - when you meet good teams, they punish you much more when you do stupid mistakes. If you make mistakes, then they will score. So that's the big difference.”
Altre notizie - News
- 21:20 Major League Soccer Unveils 'MLS Unites'
- 20:56 Andrea Pirlo: "FC Barcelona is waiting for me"
- 10:05 Maxi Moralez: "We'll return to Bergamo"
- 18:17 NYCFC's Maxi Moralez, Valentin Castellanos and Jesus Medina follow stay-at-home orders together — literally
- 17:22 COVID-19: New Restrictions in NYC
- 16:36 Maxi trains with the family and also with Medina and Castellanos
- 23:36 NYCFC confirm first case of COVID-19 in club's sporting department
- 16:12 MLS extends season suspension in accordance with CDC guidance on COVID-19
- 14:16 Maxi Moralez is training with the family
- 22:00 Stop the MLS: let's try to explain the COVID-19
- 21:30 Johnson: "We had to make a result"
- 21:25 Concacaf suspends Champions League due to coronavirus
- 21:03 Deila: NYCFC abandon style against Tigres UANL in second half of CCL loss
- 19:47 Club Statement
- 16:55 MLS suspends 2020 season for 30 days in wake of coronavirus pandemic
- 13:00 New York City FC defeated by soccer law
- 12:00 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Ronny Deila Press Conference
- 11:07 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Match Recap
- 00:30 Efrain Juarez joins Deila and Mackay-Steven at New York City FC
- 00:01 Hoops hat-trick in New York
- 23:30 Deila: “Our supporters can make the difference”
- 22:30 NYCFC, Squad Goals
- 21:30 City Support
- 20:30 Animals on the Loose
- 19:42 Injury Report: All Clear for Leg One
- 19:40 NYCFC, New Level
- 23:00 Castellanos: "Our fans are great, they are coming out"
- 22:40 Deila: "Fans Can Make the Difference vs. Tigres"
- 22:20 David Lee: "We're excited to welcome Efraìn"
- 22:00 Deila on Juàrez: "He will bring experience and energy"
- 21:45 NYCFC vs. Tigres UANL - Press Conference of Deila and Castellanos
- 21:39 Ronny Deila Adds Efraín Juárez to Staff
- 02:00 Deila: "I'm looking forward at the game of Wednesday"
- 01:00 Toronto FC vs. NYCFC - Grudge Match
- 00:01 Ronny Deila: "We're much better in the second half"
- 23:32 New York City FC, No Panic
- 21:00 CCL sellout at Red Bull Arena
- 20:00 Heber struggles after first-game flurry
- 19:03 Toronto FC’s Richie Laryea torments New York City FC and Ronald Matarrita again