New York City FC today announced Efraín Juárez has joined the Club as part of Ronny Deila’s staff.
A former Mexican international, Juárez played for Deila at Norwegian club Vålerenga in 2019. During his 11-year professional career, Juárez played for Celtic FC and Real Zaragoza in Europe, as well as stints in his native Mexico at UNAM, Club América, and CF Monterrey.
Juárez is familiar with MLS having spent the 2018 season with Vancouver Whitecaps FC, making 16 appearances.
Juárez said: “The opportunity to be reunited with Ronny was an easy decision for me and I am very excited to join NYCFC. I am so grateful to everyone here, especially to Ronny and David Lee. I can’t think of a better club to be at as I begin this new chapter of my professional career.
“I’m looking forward to passing on my experiences as a player and I hope this will be a valuable asset in helping to develop our players into the best professionals they can be. Off the pitch, I’m looking forward to working with our coaching and technical staff to implement individual development plans so the players can reach their on-pitch goals and the objectives that we set for them.”
Born in Mexico City, the former midfielder and defender spent time in the youth academy at UNAM and the famed La Masia academy at FC Barcelona. Juárez made his debut for the Mexican national team in 2009, eventually making 39 appearances including at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Altre notizie - Focus
- 21:20 Major League Soccer Unveils 'MLS Unites'
- 20:56 Andrea Pirlo: "FC Barcelona is waiting for me"
- 10:05 Maxi Moralez: "We'll return to Bergamo"
- 18:17 NYCFC's Maxi Moralez, Valentin Castellanos and Jesus Medina follow stay-at-home orders together — literally
- 17:22 COVID-19: New Restrictions in NYC
- 16:36 Maxi trains with the family and also with Medina and Castellanos
- 23:36 NYCFC confirm first case of COVID-19 in club's sporting department
- 16:12 MLS extends season suspension in accordance with CDC guidance on COVID-19
- 14:16 Maxi Moralez is training with the family
- 22:00 Stop the MLS: let's try to explain the COVID-19
- 21:30 Johnson: "We had to make a result"
- 21:25 Concacaf suspends Champions League due to coronavirus
- 21:03 Deila: NYCFC abandon style against Tigres UANL in second half of CCL loss
- 19:47 Club Statement
- 16:55 MLS suspends 2020 season for 30 days in wake of coronavirus pandemic
- 13:00 New York City FC defeated by soccer law
- 12:00 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Ronny Deila Press Conference
- 11:07 NYCFC 0-1 Tigres UANL - Match Recap
- 00:30 Efrain Juarez joins Deila and Mackay-Steven at New York City FC
- 00:01 Hoops hat-trick in New York
- 23:30 Deila: “Our supporters can make the difference”
- 22:30 NYCFC, Squad Goals
- 21:30 City Support
- 20:30 Animals on the Loose
- 19:42 Injury Report: All Clear for Leg One
- 19:40 NYCFC, New Level
- 23:00 Castellanos: "Our fans are great, they are coming out"
- 22:40 Deila: "Fans Can Make the Difference vs. Tigres"
- 22:20 David Lee: "We're excited to welcome Efraìn"
- 22:00 Deila on Juàrez: "He will bring experience and energy"
- 21:45 NYCFC vs. Tigres UANL - Press Conference of Deila and Castellanos
- 21:39 Ronny Deila Adds Efraín Juárez to Staff
- 02:00 Deila: "I'm looking forward at the game of Wednesday"
- 01:00 Toronto FC vs. NYCFC - Grudge Match
- 00:01 Ronny Deila: "We're much better in the second half"
- 23:32 New York City FC, No Panic
- 21:00 CCL sellout at Red Bull Arena
- 20:00 Heber struggles after first-game flurry
- 19:03 Toronto FC’s Richie Laryea torments New York City FC and Ronald Matarrita again